My dad got me the Z-680's when it was released eons ago and had firmware 1.0.3... I see that the new ones came with 1.1.2 which I guess fixed some problem.
I seem to be the only one that had a problem with 6 channel direct where my two rear speakers would have a nasty static sound. I tried replacing it with new wire, changed soundcards... and through the upgrades of different generations of mobo's... currently using it with my Audigy 2 ZS...
So my question is..
1. Do you guys think that if I replaced the control pod then the problem would go away?
(thinking it was just one of the first ones off the line that had problems)
or
2. Do you think that the amp is defective and I should replace the subwoofer as well?
I really love these speakers and they were also a gift so I don't want to get rid of them for Z-5500's or 5540's...
*Already tryed RMA but they are way passed 2 years
I seem to be the only one that had a problem with 6 channel direct where my two rear speakers would have a nasty static sound. I tried replacing it with new wire, changed soundcards... and through the upgrades of different generations of mobo's... currently using it with my Audigy 2 ZS...
So my question is..
1. Do you guys think that if I replaced the control pod then the problem would go away?
(thinking it was just one of the first ones off the line that had problems)
or
2. Do you think that the amp is defective and I should replace the subwoofer as well?
I really love these speakers and they were also a gift so I don't want to get rid of them for Z-5500's or 5540's...
*Already tryed RMA but they are way passed 2 years