z-5500

Fel

Limp Gawd
so after 5 months ive started to fiddle with the settings on my z-5500, and i was wondering where i should put the "surround" bar on the control pod? in the middle, or the far right?

Umm....

The Z's control pod lets you adjust the volume for center, surround, and sub as offsets of the master volume. Set them to whatever level sounds best to you.

For best results, get either some 5.1 media OR a generic sound test, use that to balance the levels.

Or if you don't want to think about it at all:
speaker distance from you :: level
0' :: 0%
5' :: 30%
8' :: 50%
15'+ :: 100%

I have the Z-5500, and I recommend that you start in the middle. Then sit where you normally sit, and press the button "test" in the controller included. Adjusting the Surround until the speakers in the front sound the same volume as the ones in the back. If you have an X-Fi, you can use the THX Console, and that does the same thing as the "test" button.

The Center and Subwoofer you can adjust it depending on your preference, and room size. I personally enjoy the subwoofer at 80% and the Center at 70%. But again, that is up to you room size. The front and back speakers do need to be the same volume tho.

Hope that helps.

I just leave the settings default and crank the sub 2.5 bars higher with a slight boost on the 4k-16k range

Really depends on speaker positioning. Play a movie or something with 5.1 surround and fiddle with the levels from your sitting position (with the remote) until it sounds good on you.

it depends on how do you set up your speaker and how far you are sitting from them

I turn up everything on my Z5500 and I maxed out the treble and bass in the sound settings in Windows, I don't know why they sound like SHIT. THESE SPEAKERS SUCK!@#

Back