• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Z-5500 sub into receiver.

legcramp

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
12,439
Hey guys I wan to connect my z-5500's subwoofer into my receiver until i can get my HT system together. How would I do this? I don't see a way I can, but maybe someone out there will? :p
 
I don't believe there is a way unless you disassembled the sub and hardwired the sub input into your own reciever.

The subs in the 680s and 5500 are all designed to be only used with the logitech provided reciever.
 
You can run the LFE Low-Power Lineout from your receiver to the LFE channel on your sub.
 
Chastity, Can you elaborate on that? more details? Thanks A lot.
 
Your receiver should have a RCA plug for Sub-Out. Run this on a 1/8" mini stereo to dual RCA cable and connect that to the center/sub input on the sub. Make sure you use the correct (right) RCA plug.
 
If you don't plan on using the sub w/ the whole set anymore you can open it up and find the connections that it has to the amp. Disconnect them and then hook them up to the amp. Chasity's method may also work, but you should keep in mind that the sub generally gets more of its signal from the front left/front right channels. (I believe the Klipsch and Logitech have these settings for their speaker systems)
 
Back
Top