Z-5500 Rma

Glyphic

[H]ard|Gawd
So, I recently RMAd my Z-5500 Control pod, because it stopped functioning. Took it to a friend's house and tried it on his set, to confirm that it was the audio pod. So, I called logitech and explained this, and they asked that I send just the pod back. Now that I've got my tracking number, I tracked it and noticed, its 60 pounds, they are sending me and entire speaker system.Why exactly can't they just send me a control pod? It seems to me like it's a waste to have an entire extra set of speakers, that I cannot get a pod for. Especially the damn subwoofer, which takes up alot of space. But I guess having a backup set is nice in case something other than the control pod breaks. : /

So you're upset that they're giving you more than you bargained for? You could sell the extra set on ebay and come out way on top.

Usually people are unhappy when they dont get their complaints addressed, not the other way around. :rolleyes:

The reason they don't send you another control pod is simple: They build this as a kit from manufacturing and build equal number of parts per box. You come out on top of this deal as its easier for them to eat the cost by making you happy. BTW, I used to work at Logitech about a year ago. ;)

-E

Wow, this post is baffling. Anyway think of all you can do with the extra speakers: It's very useful to have replacements around in case your original sattelites fail, plus you can hook the second set up to an amp of their own. No matter what you do, this all works out in your favor, so there really isn't anything to complain about.

Logitech always does this, either way your old set won't work without a control pod though. You could try selling the satellites, but they are a dime a dozen.

You can always locate the guy that makes the 15pin splitter Y cable and use both systems ;) or make one yourself.

you get an f for stupid. come on! I'd die for another sub like that.....

You get an F for being an asshat. #3 answered my question, I didn't know that they were built in kits, when I talked to the support on the hpone they made it sound like they were just gonna replace the pod. If I can manage to find a pod, I'll probably give them to my bro, otherwise I don't mind having backups.

Clevich said:
you get an f for stupid. come on! I'd die for another sub like that.....

you can get an F for stupid too! lol... I would die for an SVS! :D

I got my new set today, is it just me or does this control pod get pretty hot?

Back