• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

z-5500 revisions

todd2fst4u

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 7, 2005
Messages
167
i've been reading and it seems that the newer versions of the z-5500's come with detachable speaker wire. is that right?

i was also wondering about the power cord on the latest revision of the z-5500's. is it attached like in this picture?
1.JPG


or is it detacable like this?
2.jpg
 
I have a latest revision one, has detachable SPEAKER CABLES, but the powercord is attached.
 
aZn_plyR said:
I have a latest revision one, has detachable SPEAKER CABLES, but the powercord is attached.
alright thanks. where did you buy them from and when?
 
Dawizman said:
Mine has the detachable two-wire system.

I just got it today from Future Shop
and which power cable does yours have? it looks like the only detechable power connector ones are ones that use 230v
 
todd2fst4u said:
alright thanks. where did you buy them from and when?

well, I got them direct from Logitech from an RMA.... so.. can't help you on where to buy them.. sorry.
 
Ooh... the one think I never liked about the 5500 was the RCA wire end on one side.... perhaps I should buy a pair soon.

And add to my speaker set.

Joey
 
I have a set of subwoofer... ( although modded and have a few scratches on it, removed the plastic grill cover and grill off and spray painted the front to gloss black to make it look more expensive... and it sure does...) If anyone with the RCA cabled amp wants one with detachable wires, I can give it to you for a very good price :) Also have the five speakers too.... in mint condition :)
 
Back
Top