z-5500 performance issues

alkaline

Gawd
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
727
My z-5500s are less than a year old, and i've got a strange problem. At random, the speakers will power off. They dont lose power totally, as the power light stays red. They wont turn back on until i flip the power switch on the sub off then on and press the button on the pod. I don't think this is a "lack of power" issue--i've tried them directly connected to the wall, over a power strip by themselves, and over a power strip with other devices and had the same results. Would this be worth contacting logitech and pursuing an exchange/some sort of service? Has anyone else seen this or a possible fix for this? Thanks..
 
My z-5500s are less than a year old, and i've got a strange problem. At random, the speakers will power off. They dont lose power totally, as the power light stays red. They wont turn back on until i flip the power switch on the sub off then on and press the button on the pod. I don't think this is a "lack of power" issue--i've tried them directly connected to the wall, over a power strip by themselves, and over a power strip with other devices and had the same results. Would this be worth contacting logitech and pursuing an exchange/some sort of service? Has anyone else seen this or a possible fix for this? Thanks..

I would not put up with such an issue and would for sure contact Logitech. They are really good about support like this. :)
 
Same exact thing happens to my z-5500's. They're only a few months old, so maybe I'll contact Logitech.
 
glad to know i am not alone, even if it is unfortunate. i will contact logitech regarding the issue and keep this thread updated with my progress.
 
I've noticed this behavior on my Z5500 set a single time, and that was only after a thunderstorm where we had the power go out for like a split second, wasn't even long enough to shut down my PC but I guess the Z-5500s didn't like it.
 
Let me be the first to tell you, if you don't have a good surge protector on your system(s) be it TV, speakers, comp, w/e. A surge can def. f*ck your stuff up. This happened to my Creative Gigaworks 5.1 system back in the day. The subwoofer worked afterwards but, it would randomly cut off and turn off at times. I didn't have a surge on the thing- came to find out the board in the back of the sub. was pretty much fried out (or well on it's way).
 
Hmmm, that is all interesting. I've had power blink where the computer and stuff turns off and it didn't even phase the Z-5500s. Hmmmm, maybe it becomes a problem with time, I've only had em for like 6 months.
 
Back
Top