z-5500 owners:

iJeff

Limp Gawd
What speaker stands do you use, how do they work, where'd ya get them, and how much were they?

Also, what sound card do you use, and what mode/connection do you use for gaming on that card?

My front speakers sit on my desk and i screwed the rear speakers into my back wall, seemed like the cheapest and easiest solution. Right now I run them on an analog connection to my SB Audigy 2 ZS. I only use the "6 Ch Direct" effect on the speakers and let the audigy take care of tweaking. If you use other effects I've found the surround sound doesn't work on some games.

My rear speaker stands are boxes... One using the outer colourless box that the speakers came in. The other using the inner box (the one that actually has all the advertisement/crap over it...)

I wanna know about those stands used in pics on logitechs website >.<

A lot of houses are getting built around here and I was bored one day so i just went out and took a PVC pipe and a sheet of wood. and i made my own :) Here is what they look like. It only took about an hour since i had to wait for the spray paint to dry. Nothing fancy but they work great. I Drilled a 1" hole all the way through the bottom piece and stuck the pipe in..and at the top i drilled a 1" hole half way through and stuck it on..then i drilled a little hole in the top one so i could run my cords through the pipe. Oh and im using a creative X-Fi Xtreme music...sounds great! Im using the analog connections..i started a thread on how to get them digital and stuff but as of now they are still analog.

well I am wondering what stands are good for these speakers also....

I use an audigy 2 ZS on it for gaming.... I am gonna replacing two of teh front speakers with bookshelves ones... tried it on some old yamaha today and the sound quality is JUST AMAZING now..... gonna grab some polk's or JVC tomorrow to make it permanent...

BTW, anyone know how many ohms the sat's are? I a assuming 8.. since the after market one I am using now is 8ohms.. SWEET!!

Seperate tweeters and midrange IS better! :D

They are most likely 8 ohm. You might be able to find out in the manual or by opening up the speakers but that may void your warranty. What's up aZn! :D

Firecrotch said:
A lot of houses are getting built around here and I was bored one day so i just went out and took a PVC pipe and a sheet of wood. and i made my own :) Here is what they look like. It only took about an hour since i had to wait for the spray paint to dry. Nothing fancy but they work great. I Drilled a 1" hole all the way through the bottom piece and stuck the pipe in..and at the top i drilled a 1" hole half way through and stuck it on..then i drilled a little hole in the top one so i could run my cords through the pipe. Oh and im using a creative X-Fi Xtreme music...sounds great! Im using the analog connections..i started a thread on how to get them digital and stuff but as of now they are still analog.

Hey, those looked like they turned out pretty well. I'd want to spend some time on them with sanding and priming and stuff. I see yours, the satellites just sit on a platform -- is that how most speaker stands work? I looked around online and some of them I'm guessing screw into the speaker somehow?

Ha, and I just noticed how you have the same desk as I do, but my keyboard shelf busted off.

Haha ya they work nicely but im way to lazy to sand them down and stuff. But i set them up and just took 2 bolts and screwed them down that way...I think speakers stands screw in and stuff but these work fine.

Firecrotch said:

Your room is so clean :eek:

one of my rear satellite speakers broke so I have to call logitech tomorrow since logitech sales didn't have any spare stands so I need to try warranty/technical assistance and they said they needed to call the corporate office which wasnt open on Monday due to the holiday. Hopefully they have one or else I'm just going to say the speaker is fully broken send me another one. haha

Anyways, I just use the standard stands. I use a bookcase behind my desk to support the rear speakers and my printer etc...

Back