Z-5500 issue

Mermalion

Limp Gawd
I use my z-5500's at work and they are amazing. The other day I used the speakers normally and it seemed like a normal day. I shut the system off at lunch and when I came back this is what I got...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG0ThIWVof0

When I turn the system on with no input this is what is happening. The system make a whoop sound then thumps a few times then nothing.... When I have something playing through them and turn it on the same thing happens but very faintly you can hear the audio until it thumps that last time then nothing. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what could be wrong? Is there a place I could get a schematic for these to help with the diagnosis if this isn't a common issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

It does this even when nothing is hooked to it... makes a whoop sound then thumps a few times and nothing else...

I don't know that I've seen any schematics for this unit. I don't know what "receiver" TheMusketeer is talking about, as a Receiver is not used with this unit.

The only thing that comes to mind would be to swap control modules if you know someone with the same set.

Back