Z-5500 Crossover?

shizdan

[H]ard|Gawd
What should I set my Bass Re-Direction Crossover Frequency at for the Z-5500? I am using them directly connected to my Forte through 5.1 Analog with NO control pod. I'm using this cable. I was unsure because I heard that the amp had a fixed crossover at 120hz but If I'm not using the pod then.....?

So I just put my Foobar > Components > Channel Mixer like this:

Capture.png

and my X-Fi Entertainment mode like this:

2.png

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
seems that the crossover is probably part of the sub/speakers themselves, at least this would seem most logical (to have the control pod merely act as a preamp and decoder)

and as the Logitech Forums said, if the crossover is built into the unit, don't play with bass re-direction, it'll create a deadspot (in theory), if its in the control pod, you could easily "test" for that, crank ~70 hz out, see if the sats try to squawk

You don't want to be doing that. You want only a single point of bass redirection. More than one won't improve things, and can potentially cause problems. So you certainly don't want to be redirecting both in your audio software and your sound card.

However as Baker noted, the speakers themselves have a crossover and you can't disable it. As such you want to turn off all bass redirection on your computer and let the speakers handle it.

Back