Z-5500 base control thing not working :(

Saying that I don't think the subwoofer is working, I tried flicking it on and off, tried different plug etc. but nothing :( Checked logitech's website that had nothing on the matter (I've had the system roughly just over a year) can anyone shed some light on this?

Saying that I don't think the subwoofer is working, I tried flicking it on and off, tried different plug etc. but nothing :( Checked logitech's website that had nothing on the matter (I've had the system roughly just over a year) can anyone shed some light on this?

Both sets of my Computer Multimedia Speakers died after about 13 months. Welcome to the club.

My 1st set of Z-680s stopped working one day. Logitech sent me a FULL set no questions asked. They came a few days later.

It was the amp that busted somehow. They are still sitting at my parents house.

my 640's are still kicking, (of course I only use...3.1 of it...)

I guess its a good excuse to upgrade?

Well I just cannot explain. Turned computer off one night when it was working. Next day na-da. I haven't got time to ring logitech now but I shall do later and post my progress.

OK Here's an update, I rang and they asked me to check the fuse in the subwoofer, which I did and it seemed fine but now they're sending out a new fuse. If this doesn't work they need my serial number which I can't for the life of me find on the woofer :confused:

my 640's are still kicking, (of course I only use...3.1 of it...)

I guess its a good excuse to upgrade?

I thought I was the only one still using those. Mine still work great but the center channel will sometimes cuts in and out.

But Logitechs support is second to none. A friend of mine had a similar problem and they sent out a new set after he tried some of their suggestions.

I thought I was the only one still using those. Mine still work great but the center channel will sometimes cuts in and out.

But Logitechs support is second to none. A friend of mine had a similar problem and they sent out a new set after he tried some of their suggestions.

They weren't for me or a friend.

The control Pod went bad on mine, it took to months to get a replacement. At 13 months, it died again. I contact them and was told my 1 year warranty was up. I was given the option of buying another for about $49 shipped.

Same thing happened to another friend after his 680's died! Amp died at 13 months 1 week. Yet another bud in Dallas died at 1 year 2 weeks. They laughed when he asked them if they would still help him.

To: Any Logitech Support person reading this, I did have that set with the bad Control Unit.
To: Any Creative Megaworks Rep, I still have those as well.

In both cases, none of the speakers are damaged. I tested them.

Okay update time. Got the fuse and replaced it in the subwoofer but still no joy, back to the tech support btw does anyone know where i'll find the S/N (Serial Number) for this unit? I've looked everywhere and cannot find but pretty sure it's gonna be required to move on in tech support :(

Okay update time. Got the fuse and replaced it in the subwoofer but still no joy, back to the tech support btw does anyone know where i'll find the S/N (Serial Number) for this unit? I've looked everywhere and cannot find but pretty sure it's gonna be required to move on in tech support :(

I'll look when I get home.

It IS the QC sticker.

That's the game - they don't actually put serial numbers on their units - so they make you read them the QC number which will give them an approximate date of the build of your set. The QC numbers are not unique to each speaker set, only to the general build date.

If you don't have a receipt to send them to lock down your warranty period, they then try the QC number.

I am a big fan of the logitech RMA process. Let's just say that I now have one z-680 system upstairs, one Z-680 system at my parent's house as their home theater, one z-5500 system as my home theater, and a full set of z-5500 speakers minus a pod as backup speakers.

All from one legitimate set of Z-680's.

Ok BIG update (for those that wondered what happened), found out I was just within the warranty period and they're sending me a new set in like 2 weeks ^_^

All I've got to do is cut off all the jacks and send them to this RMA address in Switzerland (it's certainly a strange address..).

Back