Z-550 Control Center Pinouts

dariob

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 13, 2004
Messages
1,349
I found the subwoofer part of a Z-550 system tragically put in the trash by some college kids who were moving out. I am pretty sure that the woofer contains the amp and digital converter, and that the control center handles the input connections, volume controls and preamp. I can deal with rewiring inputs and hooking up a new preamp, but the board is unlabeled and I don't want to blow anything figuring out the inputs (I am relatively new at this).

Would any owners of this unit do me a huge favor and post any info you can gather as to which pins on the 15 pin control center input are for what? Even just the analog right/left pins would be a great help.

Thanks.
 
I found the subwoofer part of a Z-550 system tragically put in the trash by some college kids who were moving out. I am pretty sure that the woofer contains the amp and digital converter, and that the control center handles the input connections, volume controls and preamp. I can deal with rewiring inputs and hooking up a new preamp, but the board is unlabeled and I don't want to blow anything figuring out the inputs (I am relatively new at this).

Would any owners of this unit do me a huge favor and post any info you can gather as to which pins on the 15 pin control center input are for what? Even just the analog right/left pins would be a great help.

Thanks.

No the Control centre handles the digital convertion and almost everything else, the woofer only contains the amp.
 
I wish I could help but I don't have my Z-5400 anymore. What I know is that you can use a vga cable to try it out.
 
Back
Top