Yurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poddo

2005 [H]orde|Bowl Champion
OK, forgive me for being gone so long, but what is YURT?

BTW, I'm back. I don't really have a reason I left, I just got out of the habbit of checking the boards. I kept folding the whole time though, still have 19 active CPUs. It's good to be back. :D

Here's what I wrote for the docs:

YURT is an application which collects information about the configuration of a PC running the Stanford Folding at Home client and reports that configuration information, along with timing data about the progress of Folding at Home work, to a centralized server. At the server, the information is aggregated and presented in a variety of reports. The goal of the reports is to show what machines, in what configurations, work which proteins the fastest. Beyond this, goal lots of interesting secondary reports are available.

Ah, thanks. So it's really to help Stanford figure out which computers do which protiens. Does it have anything to do with assigning you the ones that work best for you?

poddo said:
Does it have anything to do with assigning you the ones that work best for you?
No.

poddo said:
Ah, thanks. So it's really to help Stanford figure out which computers do which protiens.
No. t's to help us figure out which computers are fastest at doing which proteins. I'm writing it; I'm not affiliated with Stanford.

You can start with the reports here. Since it's still in beta, it's not very populated yet. Will you run it when it is released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back