yup, another which hs/f ?

wadec22

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
4,030
Alright, I've read so many hs/f articles, round-ups, reviews my head is spinning. Typically I like the reviews at Anandtech, Hardocp, Xbitlabs but there is a good area of margin even between these guys.

My setup is in my sig. I'm hoping to get a few more mhz out of my G0. I'm using a Cooler Master Hyper 6+ that I've had since my 3200+. By todays standard it seems to be pretty mid-range. At 1.355volts (bios) I am getting mid 30's idle and upper 60's after 12hrs of prime95. I have listed below the coolers that I'm considering:

Xigmatek 1283 (great variance on reviews, one site as no.1 another has it as a poor performer with 65nm quads).

Noctua u12p

Thermalright ultra 120 extreme (what 120mm fan is good to go with this?)

Tuniq Tower

Typhoon VX

OCZ Vendetta 2

Are any of these going to lower my temps, say 10 degrees celsius and/or allow for a better oc? Price isn't the biggest deal, but I don't want to pay 20 bucks for an extra 3 degrees. Kind of hoping I can find someone who has gone from a mid range cooler to one of these on a 65nm quad and what real world difference they have seen. Assuming reasonable noise levels, what is the best price/performance 120mm fan to pair with them? tia.
 
Could we get a "if you have a Core2 cpu, here's the heatsink/fan combos recommended" FAQ post stickied in this forum?

OH wait, we do! Its http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1198647 <-- right here.

And following down the page, we see a link to http://www.anandtech.com/casecooling/showdoc.aspx?i=3005&p=4 <- this, a heatsink roundup.

Or you could browse through the other 40 posts a week that ask the same question....

:D

my 2 bits, get a Ultima90. Cools well, doesn't weigh much or overcrowd your case.
 
Could we get a "if you have a Core2 cpu, here's the heatsink/fan combos recommended" FAQ post stickied in this forum?

OH wait, we do! Its http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1198647 <-- right here.

And following down the page, we see a link to http://www.anandtech.com/casecooling/showdoc.aspx?i=3005&p=4 <- this, a heatsink roundup.

Or you could browse through the other 40 posts a week that ask the same question....

:D

my 2 bits, get a Ultima90. Cools well, doesn't weigh much or overcrowd your case.


honestly, i have read both of your links and have done some browsing. that's why my post says i was looking for someone who had gone from a mid range cooler like mine, to one listed above on a q6600 or similar. since you are not one of those people and don't have an opinion on one of the above coolers, not sure why you have to waste your time posting on a thread topic that you are so obviously bored of reading.
 
Back
Top