yoyo@home

Gilthanis

[H]ard|DCer of the Year - 2014
2 Nov 2014 OGR: 1,000,000,000 GNodes
The Boinc team tested now 1,003,453,991 GNodes of the distributed.net OGR project. This is 11.9% of the whole project.

Just a news update

teamdaily.php

Last edited:
I just wanted to remind our team members that you should put a [H] in your nick at YoYo. This allows your Muon points to show up in our team rankings at the Muon project instead as a solo user. It will not affect your stats with BOINC. For example: I normally use the handle or nick Coleslaw for most DC projects. At YoYo I use [H]Coleslaw. At BOINCStats, my YoYo stats still show up under Coleslaw because they pull your stats based on your CPID. They will typically list your name how it is on the majority of the projects as far as searching for you. Thus, there is no reason not to add the [H] to your name there. You can edit your nick from the YoYo website account settings.

23 Feb 2015 OddWeirdSearch finished
Thank you so much for your support to yoyo@home and to Odd Weird Search! We just completed the current batch on numbers lower than 1028 with excess (or abundance) at most 1014. In this batch, we released about 230000 workunits, and we have checked 4323850414816 = 4.3*1012 abundant numbers for their "weirdness". This will take about 150 years on a single core, so we could not possibly accomplish it without you!

Also, they are testing ARM work units for Android 5 (aka work units designed for PIE which runs on Android 4.1+) over at YAFU. They appear to be OGR work units.

Looks like YoYo is getting into the Collatz arena

News
18 August 2017 Collatz: Windows App available
A Windows application is now available for the Nontrivial Collatz Cycle search.

yeah...you were the first on the team to get the badge. Congrats!

Projects Credits Workunits Badges Earned
Cruncher ogr 62,445.63 607
ecm 196,652.20 679
Nontrivial Collatz Cycle 11,348.29 90

They are quite good with credits ... per WU (switched off OGR in profile)

I tried nontrivial collatz (need wingman, maybe the project is still new?) and ecm still gives out the most PPD. So I'm still sticking to ecm till the end of the FB.

I missed this news post earlier this month. So, there is no longer a need for people to put [H] in their name at YoYo. And yes you can change it at the project without any recourse.

2 August 2017 Muon finished
Stephen has stopped his Muon1 project. The main write-up of the project and its results are in Chapters 7 and 8 of his thesis. Nearly 90 million simulations were done.

Therefore I stopped the workunit generation for Muon.

Another new sub project

3 Sept 2017 New app Perfect Cuboid
The new subproject Perfect Cuboid is now in Test for 64 Bit Windows systems.

Ran a few PC tasks last night mostly on my i7-2600K (4 cores), still pending results. Run time about 2 hours each. WU requires wingman and task due period is 24 hours.

The two new sub projects are apparently really small releases and will end in a matter of a few weeks. If anyone is badge hunting... hop on it now.

It's been selectable for about a week but they just updated their front page. New sub project called Siever. Looks to be Windows only.

Some of these work units take days to complete. Craziness.

At first I thought they were hanging at certain percentages, but I guess it only reports in 10% or 20% increments for some of the tasks. I have one currently at 4 days.

Every time I check I have 0, guess I just get lucky. And yeah, I have email notifications setup and I'm off work today so I'm a little bored.

The subproject ECM tasks don't checkpoint. Crazyness. It is sending my 64GB Threadripper these ECM tasks that take RAM amounts of 5 to 8+ gb per task. In Windows they then eventually ask for more than 64gb where the tasks then get suspended and the task completion gets dropped down to 0%. It appeared to work OK in linux for a day while I was running it there, but I wasn't watching it close enough. I just went and disabled this subproject and enabled the other projects. I'm not wasting power running tasks that don't checkpoint. Onwards to a different Yoyo subproject. The one million milestone is coming soon for me on this project.

9 July 2019 M Queens M=27 started
The 27x27 board is the highest-order board that has been completely enumerated. In 2016, after more than a year of computation on FPGA, 29,363,495,934,315,694 solutions were enumerated at University of Dresden.

Back