Youtube Volume Loss after 30 sec. or so

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
Has any1 encounter playing any video on youtube, and it plays for about 30 sec. then total volume loss? And yet the video plays fine no problem.

Or some other times, it has no sound for a while, then come back with a bit of sound?

The computer is quite old, so I don't know if that's the problem. But it didn't happen before. This friend of mine is running Win XP Pro with a small amt. of RAM, I can't remember if it's 512 MB or less, as the PC is about 10 years old. Although this problem didn't surface until the other week

Sounds like an unusual problem and there is a ton we don't know about the situation.

What browser are you using?

What version of flash are you using?

Do other online video sites such as Vimeo work ok?

I don't think she ever went to sites like Vimeo, I'll email her and ask her to try it out

Browser would be the good old IE8. Flash should be the latest. Although Flash player 11.7 requires something much higher than a 2.33Ghz CPU, in which I don't think she has. That must be it.

But that doesn't explain it was working until recently?

Not going to be a CPU issue.

Clear the flash cache.

Reinstall flash.

Try Firefox or Chrome.

I bet your friend is kicking the computer speaker cord which is shorting out, or the bendy part at the end of the plug has a broken wire

I think trying Chrome would be a good idea, as Chrome doesn't use flash player. thank you

Back