YouTube Now Supports 60 FPS

Lets ignore your hatred for Firefox for a moment. 60FPS is supported by a grand total of 10% of the users of the internet (Chrome's marketshare). The rest of the internet is now forcibly stuck in 480p resolution and below for anything uploaded at 60FPS since there's no 720/30 option.

The other side, this could be a good tactic by Google to get people to use their browser.

I am pretty sure 60 FPS is dependent on HTML5 support. If you have a browser hat supports HTML5 video, you're good to go. Better HMTL5 video support for Firefox is in the works iirc. In fact I think it will be here next release. Also, I do not think you're stuck with 480p if your browser doesnt work well with HTML5 video. I think it just goes down to 30 FPS automatically.

What good is 60FPS when even 30FPS HD videos are unwatchable because of Google's lack of buffering? Same question about 4K. They amount to slideshows despite our 50mbit internet connection.

Sounds like your ISP sucks. Never had this issue with Charter at 30mbit/s.

What good is 60FPS when even 30FPS HD videos are unwatchable because of Google's lack of buffering? Same question about 4K. They amount to slideshows despite our 50mbit internet connection.

I've never had this issue with YouTube, ever. And I've gone from 15, to 30 and am now up to 60 Mbps down (been at around 4 up since 15 down) using Charter. Your ISP, computer, or browser sucks.

#xbox #ubisoft #fps #pcmasterrace #mario #cs:go #gtx970 #1440p

I've never had this issue with YouTube, ever. And I've gone from 15, to 30 and am now up to 60 Mbps down (been at around 4 up since 15 down) using Charter. Your ISP, computer, or browser sucks.

I know exactly what he's talking about, and it has nothing to do with his setup. I'm personally convinced some ISP's throttle traffic to sites like youtube. I used to have problems with youtube (and sometimes netflix). I could take my laptop that wouldn't load videos to another place with a different ISP and it would load everything just fine. Take it somewhere else with the same ISP as me and it was crap again. Lately everything seems to run much better, most of the time. I think they got tired of the complaints they were getting. At the time they would say "We NEVER throttle anything...". Yeah, BS...

Well then that's probably where the problem is. He could try using a VPN.

And your Internet/ISP is kinda part of your setup...

Looks like it's only currently supported properly in Chrome

It works on IE.

Amusingly it looks like Youtube will serve up a VP9 video in some cases on Chrome, which won't be hardware accelerated and can easily get chuggy as fuck. On IE you'll get the MP4 version.

Works fine in Safari using the HTML5 player for YouTube. Just use Chrome or try the HTML5 player, should work unless Firefox still didn't update their HTML5 support.(There should be a workaround though)

Right now, I have an issue uploading videos that are variable frame rate (from capturing games that aren't perfectly 60 fps). The audio sync gets messed up on YouTube, yet the source video works fine.

Opera is a decent browser too, but last I checked it's addons were a bit "lacking" still.

The linux version is based on version 12 and has all the features *missing* from the current Opera. You have to dig on their site to find the windows version, but its still there. Not sure when the last build update was, but it was this year....
I don't know what the hell they were thinking with the newer version... They REMOVED features. They broke it. It's awful. I'm using the linux version and will never go to the new one.

Then can you please explain why HD video from all other sites plays perfectly (Vimeo, Dailymotion etc), even live video feeds (e.g. onboard the ISS) which are also unbuffered are smooth as silk. Just Youtube sucks, and it sucked even before Google stopped buffering full video streams to local drives. Even back then HD was unwatchable due to jerkiness until the video was finished buffering.

The linux version is based on version 12 and has all the features *missing* from the current Opera. You have to dig on their site to find the windows version, but its still there. Not sure when the last build update was, but it was this year....
I don't know what the hell they were thinking with the newer version... They REMOVED features. They broke it. It's awful. I'm using the linux version and will never go to the new one.
12.16 you'd have to dig around because the last version was through auto-update. They did remove features from opera they abandoned opera and just made a chrome clone and called it opera.

Then can you please explain why HD video from all other sites plays perfectly (Vimeo, Dailymotion etc), even live video feeds (e.g. onboard the ISS) which are also unbuffered are smooth as silk. Just Youtube sucks, and it sucked even before Google stopped buffering full video streams to local drives. Even back then HD was unwatchable due to jerkiness until the video was finished buffering.

Your ISP is throttling YouTube like he and I suggested? :confused:

I guess you could also be using an old shitty computer that has issues with the YouTube Flash Player, but I wouldn't expect it to be that.

Isn't it a tad ironic that the weakest of consoles(Wii-U) provides the most consistent 60fps games in comparison to the PS4/XBOne? Super Smash Bros. Wii-U runs at 1080p/60 while games like Sunset Overdrive and Order 1886 struggle to maintain sub-1080p resolution and 30fps.

Damn straight, PowerPC ftw! :cool:

Your ISP is throttling YouTube like he and I suggested? :confused:

I guess you could also be using an old shitty computer that has issues with the YouTube Flash Player, but I wouldn't expect it to be that.
More likely it's one of the 350 browser addons, plugins, extensions and assorted other third-party shit we've been forced to install, and usually wind up uninstalling due to poor quality, to simply try and download content to make it viewable on our systems. I would love to know how much of Google's "product development" for Youtube consists of relentlessly trying to defeat these attempts to maintain the internet as a free two-way communications medium.

I'm going to stick with 30fps, it's more cinematic

A friend of mine argued the same, though he wasn't sarcastic. One of his key points was he could see the bad makeup in the Hobbit because of these nasty frame rates lol :D

Isn't it a tad ironic that the weakest of consoles(Wii-U) provides the most consistent 60fps games in comparison to the PS4/XBOne? Super Smash Bros. Wii-U runs at 1080p/60 while games like Sunset Overdrive and Order 1886 struggle to maintain sub-1080p resolution and 30fps.

Not really.

Take any XBox game and take out more than half the polygons in it and degrade it further by simplifying the shadows and shaders.

It'll run on the Wii U at 60fps.

You tube has been pretty much unwatchable for me, only at the lowest resolutions I can view something and sometimes even that buffers.

I don't get it, my Internet connection can sustain Netflix's super HD with no difficulty.
Yes,I just tried Firefox, opera, and Chrome (I actually just installed that as per someone here)

You tube SUX!, and yes its you tube and nothing else.

Your ISP sucks.

I get 1080p/30 fluidly from Youtube and I'm on a 12Mbps cable connection.

How is it that a site that caters to techies and hardware geeks can be so full of people who fail the most basic fundamentals of technology?

How is it that a site that caters to techies and hardware geeks can be so full of people who fail the most basic fundamentals of technology?

I know, right?
I've begun to wonder this as well.

Fail.

Cinema shows at 24fps.

The point, where did it go? Right over your head. It was a jab at Ubisoft's claim that 30FPS is more cinematic than 60FPS in games and had nothing to do with the 24FPS of movies.

Your ISP sucks.

Hey, listen I know where you are coming from.. but seriously I had this issue for a while, and I would like to watch some more You Tube, but really gets frustrating all the buffering and crap..I just don't get it, I welcome any other suggestion at this point (tried chrome, didn't help and I do not like chrome)

My current speed is 11.1down/1.44up mpbs, not a home-run but not so bad either.
With VPN is drops to 9.8down (up is about the same).
I am telling you there has to be some Google problem, or ISP throttle plus also VPN throttle by the VPN.

Your ISP sucks.

Hey, listen I know where you are coming from.. but seriously I had this issue for a while, and I would like to watch some more You Tube, but really gets frustrating all the buffering and crap..I just don't get it, I welcome any other suggestion at this point (tried chrome, didn't help and I do not like chrome)

My current speed is 11.1down/1.44up mpbs, not a home-run but not so bad either.
With VPN it drops to 9.8down (up is about the same).
I am telling you there has to be some Google problem, or ISP throttle plus also VPN throttle by the VPN. Just wheird.

You tube has been pretty much unwatchable for me, only at the lowest resolutions I can view something and sometimes even that buffers.

I don't get it, my Internet connection can sustain Netflix's super HD with no difficulty.
Yes,I just tried Firefox, opera, and Chrome (I actually just installed that as per someone here)

You tube SUX!, and yes its you tube and nothing else.

I've came across this issue quit often, I would guess it's been at least 1/3 of times I've watch a video on youtube for the past couple years or so. For some reason, youtube isn't utilizing my bandwidth, like it's on 56k or something :rolleyes:

Usually I'll have to refresh at least a couple times before the video could load at full bandwidth speed.

Not really.

Take any XBox game and take out more than half the polygons in it and degrade it further by simplifying the shadows and shaders.

It'll run on the Wii U at 60fps.

The X-Box is 2 Generations behind the Wii U. You wouldn't need to "degrade" anything whatsoever to make a port like that.

The X-Box is 2 Generations behind the Wii U. You wouldn't need to "degrade" anything whatsoever to make a port like that.

The person I responded to mentioned the XBone, as thus, the XBox I was referring to would be that one. Also, you're incredibly late to this thread.

The person I responded to mentioned the XBone, as thus, the XBox I was referring to would be that one. Also, you're incredibly late to this thread.

I really don't understand why he bumped the thread while failing to understand what was being talked about. :confused:

Back