Youtube makes my PC crash

Plague_Injected

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm using Internet Explorer 8 on Windows XP SP3, all updated and everything.

It doesn't happen every time, but it seems to happen when it loads up those stupid Google ads over the video. It freezes my computer and sometimes BSODs, but mostly I have to hit the reset button on my tower.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? I delete my temporary internet files/cache/cookies regularly, and use CCleaner to keep my registry fixed and proper...as well as anti-malware software and Comodo for my firewall. Specs are in my signature.

Make sure you're using latest version of adobe flash and latest drivers for your videocard.

I've done all of that, and still no joy :(. WIll try a different browser and see how that goes.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that had this happen. (Never had a bluescreen before). Using Firefox 4 / Updated Flash / ATI Drivers (6950) / Win7. I tabbed between another program and firefox and the screen blacked out for a second saying the video driver recovered from a crash, and the youtube video turned completely green. A couple seconds later the system bluescreened.

Flash hardware acceleration could be the cause of this. Running OpenCL applications can be as well.

Use the flash removal tool to be sure all old versions of flash are removed. Be sure your browser and any IM client are also closed before running the tool. Once you're sure flash is completely gone install it again from the adobe site.

Back