Youtube Crazy slow for the past few weeks?

upallhours

Limp Gawd
Anyone else experiencing this?

I used to be able to buffer a 720p video for 15 seconds, then watch it uninterrupted until the end. But lately i can barely watch 480 without it having to buffer every 10 seconds. 720p takes a good 30 minutes to buffer a 10 minute video... 240 is the only resolution that wont have to rebuffer after its initial buffer.

My internet connection has not changed, and i can still download games and big apps at 1.5mbps. As well as Netflix streaming HD movies without hiccups. Only youtube seems to be struggling.

After some research ive heard things from it being a problem with flash 11, cookie issues with youtube. Ive tried it on different computers (OSX and Win7, yet to try my linux netbook), my only other option is to take my netbook and try youtube on my network, and then a friends for comparison. Any other suggestions until im able to do that?

I'm glad you made this thread. I have been experiencing lots of buffering lately. I was curious if it was my internet connection or something else. I agree that YouTube has been slow - frustrating.

I have been experiencing the same things on my end. As a side note I am using google's DNS service.

For me, the 720p and 1080p video's usually load faster than the overloaded 480p servers can offer.

Im having the same problem on OSX, Win7, and Ubuntu. All three on different computers. Im going to find a friend with a similar connection to mine and try it.

Back