YouTube Copyright School Kinda Sucks

Can someone copy it and post a link to it somewhere else, I don't want to give the original unnecessary views

I think there's a good reason why it's only been viewed a few times and has an overwhelmingly negative ranking so far.

Anyone who watched all or part of this will probably realise what it is.

Now watch something awesome and actually funny about copyright infringement:
http://youtu.be/xuxO6CZptck

my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.png

After watching this video, I had a strange urge to perform copyright infringement.

I thought that was going to be good, but then it wasn't. It was not good.

Shockingly bloodless for a Happy Tree Friends toon.

This toon one is FAR more annoying, but it's easier to remember and more effective IMO.

You can be sued and lost millions or EVEN WORSE YOU COULD LOSE YOUR YOUTUBE ACCOUNT. Seriously who wrote that?

I think there's a good reason why it's only been viewed a few times and has an overwhelmingly negative ranking so far.

Anyone who watched all or part of this will probably realise what it is.

Now watch something awesome and actually funny about copyright infringement:
http://youtu.be/xuxO6CZptck

That's somewhat different. This is about taking someones work then publishing it on your own.

Aweful.

I love how Youtube's next 5 videos are ALL using other people's images and videos! Talk about hypocrisy!

They post the "top 5 viral images"...made by others...and edited by Youtube then posted as their own. Real classy.

This video has the feeling of a crazy 1950's propaganda clip. I really like how they advise you to contact a copyright lawyer if you want to upload a video, as if you can go though a copyright lawyer drive thru window at Walmart.

You know what would be better? If GooTube would use their awesome powers of awesomeness to publicly put pressure on the big media companies to lighten up about people using their content in freely-distributed videos.

I'm not saying they should be okay with you posting the last five minutes of their latest blockbuster movie. I'm saying that they shouldn't pitch a fit when you choose to use their music in a video you make.

Here's a thought: wouldn't it be cool if you could use any song you wanted, so long as you linked to a place a viewer could buy that song online if they liked it? Look at how many videos have people asking "what song is that?" They want to know because they like it.

Copyright holders are missing so many opportunities to make money.

Wow....a Happy Tree Friends video turned into a PSA with the violence minused out? That DOES suck.

They used a pretty stupid method to try educate people on copyright. I mean, they use these highly recognizable flash cartoon characters known for something incredibly violent happening in every episode and they remove the main draw of the cartoon so as to make it widely viewable. Really lame and stupid.

Back