YouTube Blocks North Korean Channel

HardOCP News

[H] News
It has to be pretty damn embarrassing to have your YouTube channel blocked a month ago and no one noticed. Seriously, if you use the Wayback Machine you'll see that most of the current videos had only a few hundred views each.

Google, YouTube’s parent company, apparently blocked the channel last month to avoid violating sanctions, but the company has declined to comment. “We don’t comment on individual videos or channels,” said Taj Meadows, head of communications in Asia for Google, “but we do disable accounts that violate our terms of service or community guidelines, and when we are required by law to do so.”

Well, that sucks. I wanted to see how amazing North Korea was and how perfect the Glorious Leader was.

Oh well.

You spelled pointless and useless incorrectly.

Nah, it's official North Korean media. I was right.

I think you might be banned from entering their country for life, though. You can't say anything bad about the Glorious Leader or our amazing country. Pyongyang is disappoint.

Nah, it's official North Korean media. I was right.

I think you might be banned from entering their country for life, though. You can't say anything bad about the Glorious Leader or our amazing country. Pyongyang is disappoint.

Dammit! We at least they can't downvote my youtube videos anymore.

Btw anyone else play just cause 3 and feel like it is entirely making fun of north korea? Or is it really so not-subtle that I have not discovered anything?

Btw anyone else play just cause 3 and feel like it is entirely making fun of north korea? Or is it really so not-subtle that I have not discovered anything?

Damn, that game is awesome. I start boating around and find a base and get destroyed. So, I look at my map to go exploring. There's the big island I was on.... Zoom out. I was on the small island? Holy shit! This is awesome!

The game is huge. I love it. I loved the first two, too. I like how it has that comedy thrown in and it does poke fun at other places.

YouTube has blocked North Korea’s state television channel, which broadcasts news on everything from nuclear tests to Kim Jong Un’s outings, to avoid breaching U.S. sanctions against the regime.

The action was apparently taken not because of the content in the channel but because the North Korean government could earn money from it through advertising.

Lame. Could......could. They know exactly how much that channel (wasn't) earning. Ya.....they gonna buy some Russian ICBM's with YouTube monetization. I've got 1.2 Million views on 1 of my channels.....never gotten a penny from YouTube.

Back