YouTube Announces Streaming TV Service for $35 per Month

I really want alternatives to cable companies to succeed but this idea needs work. As it is, it's just like what I hate. What I would go for:

Three (could be more) tiers of channels
Packages $10 and up (using Netflix as a baseline) giving you X, Y, and Z number of channels of your choice from tiers A, B, and C.

For example, a $10 option could be 1 from A, 1 from B, and 3 from C, e.g. 1 ESPN, 1 SyFy, 3 random smaller channels. More money = more channels.

Get the cable model closer to a la carte and I'll go for it. Otherwise, I'm just not interested in paying for channels that some marketing loser decided I should be happy with.

Yeeeaaahh, I am not paying for the privilege of watching commercials under any circumstance.
Cable should be free, should have been free decades ago.

I would seriously consider this, even at $35. It would be great to be able to catch the matches I would like to watch and with the DVR function it would be the easiest.
For the past few years it has not been easy to catch even European sports where I live.

I fear this could be another thing that will never come to Europe or only in a twisted way, equally useless as it is for most Americans now.

Back