Youre favorite single player game (help me buy a new one)

Medi

Limp Gawd
Well, can you guys list your favorite single player games? One RTS and on shooter if possible. Bored right now and looking to get a new game so thats the reason for this thread.

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay: Developer's Cut.

Half Life 2

...as for the RTS, I don't really know. Rome: Total War, I guess.

Far Cry for FPS/Strategy (Fallout I & II if you are in the mood for old school fun)

Rome Total War for RTS (Civ. III is a must have in any RTS library)

HL2/CS:S/Farcry -- Shooter

WCIII/Homeworld I/Homeworld Expansion/Homeworld II -- RTS

Haha, you said 1 for each but too bad. I love Homeworld too much! Wish they'd make a new one :)

Favs:

All Time FPS - Unreal Tournament (Original)
Newest FPS- Farcry
RTS - Command and Conquer Generals

Why are people recomending RTW?

If you are sayign RTW for the campaign game, have you missed the fact that there is a big end turn button you have to peridically click?

Which hardly makes it RTS

RTW is a rts just like Ground Control is one. Ground control don´t have micro management thugh. RTW has the micro management and combat separated so still a full fledged rts ;)

As for FPS Far Cry, Riddick, Half Life 2, Doom 3 in that order best to worst.

oqvist said:
RTW is a rts just like Ground Control is one. Ground control don´t have micro management thugh. RTW has the micro management and combat separated so still a full fledged rts ;)

It may have RTS elements but it's not a RTS in the classic sense of the term, and he should know that.

I was going to say D00M 3, Far Cry, and XIII for single player FPS and Age of Empires for RTS.

for the rts believe it or not i am hooked on stonghold crusader right now, i dug it out and have been having a blast with it, its cheap, and really isn't a bad game

fps, hl2 was good, but kinda short, never played frycry but i have heard a lot about it.

FPS: Doom 3

RTS: Any from the Age of Empire series (favorite still is Conquerors Expansion with Age of Kings)

FPS: HL1/HL2
RTS: C&C Red Alert, the Civilization series, Homeworld 1 & 2

battle for middle earth is the only fun rts i've played in awhile. as for fps, HL2, Far Cry, and Call of Duty were all really good

Nihilanth99 said:
Max Payne 2 was a great single player game. One of my favorites..
This is definatly one of my favourites, theres alot of nice mods for it too.
*goes to install max payne 2*

Maximus825 said:
NOLF <- No One Lives Forever

Best single player game EVER

Don't forget NOLF2! Fun games. Awesome AI.

I wasn't a fan of all the sneaking though (which was basically the entire game! :p )

Mafia, PC ONLY, this game sucked ass on consoles i've heard, but on pc it's just awesome, and you can pick it up for 10 bucks at wal-mart or gamestop.

JonnyK said:
Mafia, PC ONLY, this game sucked ass on consoles i've heard, but on pc it's just awesome, and you can pick it up for 10 bucks at wal-mart or gamestop.

I second that, great story, long, nice gameplay. Just thinking about it makes me wanna install it and play it again.

The original Thief has been my favorite game of all time. Half-Life was pretty good. Too bad the sequel wasn't as interesting.

Single: Mafia, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia SOT, Call of Duty, Doom3, HL2, FarCry, The Suffering (all these depend on your taste)

RTS: Rise of Nations + Expansion

Medi said:
Well, can you guys list your favorite single player games? One RTS and on shooter if possible. Bored right now and looking to get a new game so thats the reason for this thread.

I honestly still love Doom 3. I also love Half Life 2, but the discontinuous story and the ending pissed me off. I have to second that Max Payne 2 is definately worth the money, as it's an awesome game. Medal of Honor Pacific Assault is also fun, as is Star Wars Jedi Knight II:Jedi Outcast(if you can still find a copy of it). Far Cry I thought was a bit boring, as it never sparked my interest in anything other than it's technology.

I have heard lots of good things about The Chronicles of Riddick, which is why i'll probably make that my next game purchase. I heard Painkiller is also a good game, and may eventually pick that up.

Back