your wishlist/want mod item/service?

FEARstyle

n00b
Being the starving artist/student and having full access to CNC and Laser cutters/engravers that ive been using for all my modding needs I had some questions for you guys maybe get some advice.

Most of the modding kits or things you can buy out there just seem ugly gaudy and just ugh wtf where they smoking? srsly. And if its not that the things that are a good idea or look good are poorly made or if nothings wrong with it and its a really good product its just insainly overpriced for no reason....

so ive all ways ended up making my own stuff milling aluminum or engraving it with the laser or breaking down making my own circuits to get things moving. I use all these machines to make my interactive art work to start with.

So i was going to ask you guys if you could have a pre-moded product or a mod item itself, or some thing thats not out there now what would it be? im lookin for some thing that i could produce in small qty's or offer as a service ive all ways been hookin my friends up and even their friends at times but i mean im not lookin to get rich i just want to be able to support my modding habbits and share the abulity i have since i have accesses to all these machining toys.

I'd say start with custom fan shrouds & grills, maybe out of aluminum.

I was thinking fan grills, and deving a cheap but worth while thing aluminum mousepad anno'ed aluminum lasers beautifully. Also was thinking acrylic windows since i can laser cut them as well as engrave, i can inset aluminum into acrylic easily.

Aluminium inlay in a nice acrylic side lighted by LED looks amazing.

I would pay to have Arcygenical00 inlayed into my side window with aluminum, that's for sure!

Inlays are easy the trick is learning the right tolerance offset in the software when you cut so that they slide together easily. The big trick now is the epoxy when using acrylic. There is a 100% optically clear epoxy that super strong that i use with acrylic and other materials.

shopbot.jpg
This is our shop botback than we were using MDF on the bed but thats changed its a plastic material now much better than MDF.

The shopbot is great big bed large material range anything up to aluminum. http://www.flickr.com/photos/fearstyle/2114643628/in/set-72157603471866689/

On that i milled the wood for the case in 2 layers (didn't have a long enough bit at the time) than the faceplate from aluminum on the same machine and than the circuit board for the buttons were home made on the tor mach downstairs. Between all the machinery, possibility wise is endless... I don't see at one point I cant make a full acrylic keyboard...

you know, i can't think of anything right now, but i'd definately consider paying you for some custom stuff, so i'm bookmarking this thread.

I created a thread to follow my project of putting acrylic mirrors inside my case. :cool:
If you custom cut acrylic mirrors (possibly etch them too) for cases that would be cool.

I would love to see some nice 140mm fan grills, all I have seen thus far are the cheap bent wire Chinese pos.

I'd like to see some removeable hard drive racks made just a little bit wider than normal with holes in just the right places for elastic drive suspension. I managed to create my own but i know not many people have access to the oem parts I had (got them from a friend who wasn't using them). Also, fan ducts made for 120mm fans so that someone could theoretically put it on their back fan and it would go around their cpu cooler (something passive like a scythe ninja) so they wouldn't need a cpu fan.

Back