Your thoughts on This mobo

Hate_Bot

2[H]4U
I like the looks of this motherboard but I wanted to know your opinions, It's main thing that I like about it is that its the only AMD-64 Mobo with PCI express I've found thats for an reasonable price (149 CDN)

So I was just wondering your thoughts and opinions

Link

photo_k8nf-9_big.jpg

Why not wait a few weeks and get a DFI Ultra? They should be out at around the same price range.

I have yet to see reviews for this one, though I haven't looked much.

Hate_Bot said:
I like the looks of this motherboard but I wanted to know your opinions, It's main thing that I like about it is that its the only AMD-64 Mobo with PCI express I've found thats for an reasonable price (149 CDN)

So I was just wondering your thoughts and opinions

Link

photo_k8nf-9_big.jpg

Okay board, my thought is that it uses the least expensive version of the chipset, and thus has the least features. Plus I'd heard that the chipset on that board has no real overclocking features.

I haven't seen too many complaints about the Chaintech NForce 4 Ultra board, maybe look it up.

Here, I'm not Canadian, but I do know of one Canadian reseller that seems honest, and he does have the Chaintech board. Normally I wouldn't recommend Chaintech, but I've so far seen mostly praise for it on various forums:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=13861&vpn=VNF4 ULTRA&manufacture=CHAINTECH COMPUTER

About the same price, and has a better chipset.

The DFI's aren't quite out yet, but will be excellent overclockers. Plus, the DFI NForce 4 Ultra comes with 2 x16 PCI-E slots, just like a SLI board, so it can be ran in a kind of "psuedo SLI" mode with at least some of the graphics drivers.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=13825&vpn=LANPARTY-UT-NF4-ULTRA-D&manufacture=DFI

It is a lot more expensive, closer to $190.00 CDN. And again won't be out until at least 2/05/05.

Didn't see it on his website, but look for the MSI K8N Neo4 Ultra also.

After that, go read some reviews. ;) Look on other forums and see if people praise or complain about the boards I mentioned also.

Ya, Im gonna order the chaintech, But, if I dont get around to doing that until the DFI releases, then ll get the DFI

Back