Your Philosphy on "Restiction"

I was sitting on the toilet pondering about restriction and how it acts on your pump. Now I just wanted to know how you all felt about the laws of restiction when it came to your watercooling PS's. What's bad and whats good.

To start this debate I want to know is it safe to assume that the less hose I use, the less restiction it will encompass and less stress on the pump?

Well, that all depends on the diameter of the hose...1/4" hose is roughly 2.25 times smaller in area than 3/8" hose and conversely 3/8" is 1.77 times smaller than 1/2" hose so running say a foot of 1/4" line is more restrictive than running three feet of 1/2" line.

How you feel about restriction depends upon your flow philosophy which is covered nicely in a thread started by Cathar.

SignalSoldier said:
I was sitting on the toilet pondering about restriction and how it acts on your pump. Now I just wanted to know how you all felt about the laws of restiction when it came to your watercooling PS's. What's bad and whats good.

To start this debate I want to know is it safe to assume that the less hose I use, the less restiction it will encompass and less stress on the pump?

What a wonderful place to ponder restriction :D

Back