your pc game of the year v3

pc game of the year

• Total voters
Crysis for me. STALKER in a close second.

Crysis SP is just a fantastic experience. The near photo-realistic graphics create a truly immersive experience and the gameplay is awesome. The story, even though not the best ever, has been engaging this far. And it has tons of replayability, which is always a bonus in my book. To sum up the best $55 I spent on a full game this year. STALKER comes in close second for almost all the same reasons as Crysis. I hope that in 2008, we get more games like these, where non-linearity is key.

Quake Wars would be my GOTY multiplayer, for being extremely fun to play and for greatly improving the already awesome ET gameplay.

Orange Box hands down.... Funny, I have gotten more enjoyment from HL, HL2, TF2 than all of the other games I have ever purchased combined (100+). It took me two plus years to stop playing Opposing Forces online and have a feeling TF2 is going to be the same.

Voted for The Witcher. Even though I loved the Orange Box, and COD4 was a great game along with STALKER; The Witcher is one of those games that comes along every so often that I feel redefines its genre in some way.

I've played many RPGs before that sucked me in like Fallout, Planescape and BG2, but The Witcher takes elements from all these games (dark humor, dark world, great epic story) wraps it all together in a beautiful game world with an engaging combat system. Honestly haven't had this much fun with an RPG in years.

Bioshock. More than 1/2 of of the Orange Box didn't even come out in 2007.

voted stalker

out of the games listed, i played:

stalker
ut3 demo
crysis demo
ET quake wars demo
bioshock demo

and stalker imho was the best game out of the lot, amazing atmosphere, very cool setting/premise

for me its cod4 simply for the fact that it runs amazing on my agp system with all the bells and whistles. i have ut3 and had it for about 3 weeks now and have not played even an hours worth of gametime in it

Crysis.

Orange box was great, but each part was lacking in some respect. Doesn't seem right to have 3 games represent one.

If you had 3 separate options for Hl2:EP2, TF2 and Portal, we would see very different results.

Would have been CoD4 until I started The Witcher, can't believe how much I'm enjoying that. Of course it won't do much for FPS fans but it really is exceptionally good. I'm playing through acts multiple times just to slow down my progress and put off completing it for as long as possible. There's no other game that has come close to doing that for me this year.

Back