Your opinion on the most well-rounded 20" monitor

Mysticode

Gawd
I think we can all agree that overall, the BenQ 24" covers every aspect of a good monitor, more so than other 24" monitors and the flaws they have.

I was wondering if there is an equivalent 20" monitor, that can be called the best all around, the "king" of 20" monitors. Your opinions are highly appreciated, as for the fact that I really wan't a BenQ 24" (now that NCIX has them with 1:1 fix), the $1000 or so after tax is really breaking my bank. Rather spend coin on a "supreme" 20" monitor and save the difference.

I seem not to trust dell monitors, with that dell lottery thing, and people having horible backlight, and stuff? seems like noone is satisfied, so I wonder why everyone recommends them?

When I got my 22" Westinghouse, I realized that widescreen monitors are far more natural.

ViewSonic VX2025wm is great too. It's not as versatile as the Dell, but the picture is better I hear.

Bestbuy has the 2025wm for 300$ CAN instead of 400 this week, seems like a pretty good deal. And I heard the 2025(p-mva) is better than 2035(tn) anyways.

NEC 20WMGX2

AS-IPS, 6ms, 8 bit, 470 cd/qm, clear screen, HDCP, Composite, Component, S-Vid, 4 USB, 1080i. remote for menu, 700:1 contrast, dynamic Contrast: 1600:1

Built to last. No funny biz.

I hate the bezel on the NEC >_>

After the NEC, do you guys mostly agree the Dell is my best bet? Or does the Viewsonic mentioned have better features?

Dell 2007WFP has better features, but the ViewSonic has better image quality from what I've read. There's a review of it somewhere here and it's pretty comprehensive. It's also higher rated on CNet.

How about the Viewsonic 215TW? Same screen real-estate as the 20" models, but more features (component, woot!).

215TW looks like a model number Samsung would use.

I dunno, the VX2025wm has a better rep it seems.

Take note that I own none of these.

Yes, the Dell is very pretty, but it's hard to convince myself to not buy from NCIX, I love those guys! :(

After the NEC, do you guys mostly agree the Dell is my best bet? Or does the Viewsonic mentioned have better features?

Excluding Eizo's offerings, the top end 20" 1600x1200 screens are:

NEC 20WMGX2
HP LP2065
NEC 2070NX

Dell, Viewsonic, Samsung, LG, etc, are all 'value' monitors in comparison. Don't expect a lot in terms of reliability or quality.

Back