Your Opinion On My MoBo Choices

cobalt red

n00b
I'm in the process of building my first gaming system. Have built other systems but want something for my two sons to game on. Now here is the question, I have two mother boards on my mind, this one ASUS A8V-E Deluxe VIA KT890 PCIe Dual Channel WiFi-G (3Years) or DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Dual PCI-E (3year) . Please do not suggest a SLI as duel video cards are not an option.
Spects for computer:
Cooling Thermaltake Venus 12 Socket Heatsink+Fan
HDD 1 Western Digital Raptor 36Gb 10000Rpm WD360GD
HDD 2 Western Digital SATA 200GB 8MB Cache 7200RPM WD2000JD
Memory OCZ or Corsair ??(still doing comparative studies on them)
PSU Thermaltake PurePower 480w w/Butterfly Design Silver Or Thermaltake Purepower 560W PCIe/SATA Ready
Processor AMD S939 3500+ 2.20Ghz L1 128k L2 512k
Video Card Radeon X800XT
Case Thermaltake VA3000SWA Tsunami Full Tower No PSU Silver
Not go to OC right now but building the system for OCing in the future. I picked the ASUS as this is the most common board I use for building pcs’ and like their dependability, but like the specs of the LANPARTY for the OCing properties. If you can give me your personal view of either board or could suggest a better board please feel free to post. Or any changes in my specs again feel free to post.

I am running the A8V-Deluxe right now and it's been the best motherboard in the world to me. Can't say much for overclocking, but it's super stable and booted up the first try. ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS (my favortie part about it).

I have the DFI SLI (I know U said no SLI but the U is a SLI without the SLI bridge) now I got my SLI for future upgrades i.e. I bought 1 6800gt now and Ill pick another 1 up in 9 mths to a year or so when the come down in price.

Now if Ure building a OC Id wait for the venice core of the A64 and Id get a DFI (If U know what ure doing that is). for non SLI the smaller PSU should be ok if its at least ATX 2.01 compliant (preferably ATX 2.03) U genarally need it to run nF4 MoBos. (Im very happy w. my OCZ power stream 600W its good and beautiful)

If Ure getting the DFI Id go with Geil or Corsair at least until we have better info on what the Venice core in combo with the DFI MoBos accept. I have the winnie 3500 and OCZ Plat rev. 2 and its slightly hard to get the system flying at the speeds I want Im at 11*250 now game and prime bench stable but not prime torture stable. Now I dont want to blame the MoBo and Ram for this the ram does 280 when I run it in SC but DC just doesnt work.

Now I have the Zalman 7700Cu and its good Ive also heard good things about the XP-90 and XP-120 as well.

I agree Frallan that the DFI SLI is a worthy choice, but the way I see it there is so much hype over the SLI, is it or will it, end up as the industry standard or will it be just a gimmick for the time being. The PCI on the other hand seems IMHO to be leading the way in industry standards. That is why I decided on DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Dual PCI-E as my second choice, even though you are able to run two video cards.
Thanks Goat for the post. I still like ASUS MoBo and still might be my choice of preference, but have yet to use the A8V-E.
The reason for this post is that the people I hang out with are somewhat bias and I just wanted a general feel for the choices that I have picked and maybe hear of your experience with either of these two boards.

i had a Tt 480 fry my neo2

go for something more reliable, like an antec or enermax. i have the neopower now and love it.

Back