• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Your opinion on MX510?

jyi786

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
5,847
Please give my your input on the MX510. Specifically:

How do you like your MX510? Do you use the Logitech Mouseware with it? Does the smooth surface of the mouse buttons cause crud to build up on it quickly? How long has it lasted you?
 
I like mine just fine. I don't use the logitech software with it. Not sure what you mean by crud, but mine is pristine.

One bad thing I noticed is that the left click button seems to be starting to stick. Hard to describe, but it just doesn't "feel" right when I left click. No real performance issues though.

I've had mine for six months or so.
 
bizzz111 said:
I like mine just fine. I don't use the logitech software with it. Not sure what you mean by crud, but mine is pristine.

One bad thing I noticed is that the left click button seems to be starting to stick. Hard to describe, but it just doesn't "feel" right when I left click. No real performance issues though.

I've had mine for six months or so.

I like mine. Its a really nice mouse. I do use the logitech mouseware software with it. I also have a "crud" like substance that trys to build up on the shell of the mouse pretty regular and i have to clean the mouse lol.

I have had mine for a little over a month.
 
I got a MX1000 for Xmas for a new PC I was building. After 3 days I decided "too heavy" and ordered a MX510 instead.

It's like butter... I used the PS/2 hookup and specified a report rate at 200/sec, a tip from another thread, and it's tits.

MX510. Best. Mouse. Ever.
 
bizzz111 said:
One bad thing I noticed is that the left click button seems to be starting to stick. Hard to describe, but it just doesn't "feel" right when I left click. No real performance issues though.

This is what happened to my MX500, except it's the right button. That's why I have to get a new mouse.

Did any of you guys take out the weight from the inside of the mouse?
 
It is a great WIRED mouse, but I like wireless..That is just a personnel preferance...
 
i have mx500 bros got a 510, i see no diff. I'm a gamer
 
Just got my MX510 last night. Here's what I did:

1. Removed the weight
2. Switched the wheel to the one from my MX500 (new wheel felt dry and cheap)
3. Applied CSHyde mouse feet

I can see now why they call the MX510 the gamers choice. It is simply brilliant. The tracking is amazing. I've used the MX500 for about a year and half now, and I can see, no, I can FEEL the difference between the it and the MX510. The MX510 tracks so much better, in Windows and in games; it just feels so natural. And the smooth finish, I feel, is much better for me IMO; helps me grip the mouse easier. In Windows, with the MX500, you could see the cursor skipping ever so slightly on screen; not anymore with the MX510.

It's perfect!!! :)
 
How do you like your MX510? I am damn satisfied with it. I have not modified it in anyway shape or form besides adding teflon strips. I like the shape. It makes me want to hold it some more. It makes me want to play with it because it lets my hand rest on it naturally. However, I believe I will try the weightless mod soon enough.

Do you use the Logitech Mouseware with it? I admittedly do use it just for the sake of having a peace of mind knowing I do have drivers installed. Either way, I honestly do not have a single problem with it otherwise.

Does the smooth surface of the mouse buttons cause crud to build up on it quickly? Not too slowly nor too quickly but it does build up. It gets wiped off as soon as I see the 'crud'. And some of the crud would get stuck in the crevices. That gets cleaned out once a month. I don't have any crudding problems with the Razer Diamondback.

How long has it lasted you? I've used it for more than certainly half a year. It isn't going anywhere soon but the Razer Diamondback is surely making my day instead.

-J.
 
burningrave101 said:
http://www.cshyde.com/Excess Inv Sale.htm

Did you get the Teflon mouse discs? What size? Are these the best to use on the MX510?

Right, I'm using the Teflon discs. To use 1 whole disc on the MX510's feet is too much; I divide each disc in half. Looks like I won't have to be getting any more discs for at least another year or year and a half.
 
bizzz111 said:
I like mine just fine. I don't use the logitech software with it. Not sure what you mean by crud, but mine is pristine.

One bad thing I noticed is that the left click button seems to be starting to stick. Hard to describe, but it just doesn't "feel" right when I left click. No real performance issues though.

I've had mine for six months or so.

Same here, i felt it tonight, what i did was get a q-tip with some rubbing alcohol and pressed the left mouse button and cleaned the edges of the button, seemed to have fixed that problem
 
I just got an mx510 because it's considered by pretty much everyone to be the best wired mouse out there, and I agree. I didn't know about taking the weight out though :) I LOVE light mice, so I'm probably going to attempt this soon
 
ajm786 said:
Right, I'm using the Teflon discs. To use 1 whole disc on the MX510's feet is too much; I divide each disc in half. Looks like I won't have to be getting any more discs for at least another year or year and a half.

Yea but what size did you order? 1/4" , 1/2" or 3/4" diameter?
 
I bought one; tried it for two nights and returned it. I didn't notice any improvement over my aging MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 whatsoever. I play Desert Combat which, admittedly, is not the most "twitch" oriented shooter around but I was still hoping to see some kind of justification for the $50 price tag. I didn't, so the MX510 was returned.

-Ace-
 
burningrave101 said:
Yea but what size did you order? 1/4" , 1/2" or 3/4" diameter?

I haven't seen any 1/2 size, but correct me if I'm wrong. There are only two sizes: 1/4 and 3/4.

I ordered the 3/4 size. You can't beat a 3/4 disc, 139 pieces, for only $6.00!!! The quality is outstanding, too. Each application will last for at least a month, and that's under heavy usage; that is, also using the CSHyde pad covering.
 
My combo:
MX510 + Icemat black 2nd ed
This mouse is awsome, the best wired gaming mouse I ever used. The gaming mouse of the year!
I use it withought weight and with Icemat padsurferz ver.2 for logi.
 
ajm786 said:
I haven't seen any 1/2 size, but correct me if I'm wrong. There are only two sizes: 1/4 and 3/4.

I ordered the 3/4 size. You can't beat a 3/4 disc, 139 pieces, for only $6.00!!! The quality is outstanding, too. Each application will last for at least a month, and that's under heavy usage; that is, also using the CSHyde pad covering.

Teflon® MOUSE Discs 1/4" , 1/2" or 3/4" Diameter Teflon® Speed skates for Mice Feet, Sticky-back w/Peel Off Liner,. Multiple quantity packs available. Your mouse will FLY!!!. specify diameter in notes.

I just figured they offered the 1/2" size as well.

Which size do you guys think would work best? The 1/4" dots or the 3/4" discs on the MX510?
 
The best would be the 3/4, cut in half. You save a whole lot more and it lasts a while.
 
Bought a blue one from Newegg last week after I destroyed my beloved MS Intellieye 3. Kicks its ass completely. I plan on getting a IceMat 2 in the near future and I will be in fragging heaving. I use the software to make sure it works correctly.
 
Back
Top