exe163

[H]ard|Gawd
My personal favorite is Valve - for every game they made-

and Relic - for Company of Heroes -

and Blizzard - SC -

ES - AoE series

Most hatest of all time: EA - again for every game they made -

i hope this thread dont morph into a flamewar

i do like firaxis games , they released some pretty good game like sid meiers pirates!

least would be rockstar , what they did with the hot coffee patch will haunt the gaming industry forever... jackass

1. Bioware.
2. Blizzard.
3. Bungie.

I use those three because they have a long, reliable history of good games, and they've never dissapointed me. Valve is a great company, but they've only made 2 games... and they are responsible for steam. ID and epic are also some good studios, but both of them have made some games I consider to be let downs. Some other names that come to mind are team ninja, Ensemble, Relic, and rockstar.

Who do I hate? Just one. Guess who.

1. Rockstar (GTA Seris, Bully, Table Tennis)
2. Bungie (Halo, Halo2, Oni)
3. Blizzard (Warcrafts', Starcrafts')

Hate: Valve (Early in the STEAM stage. Now they are O.K.)
EA

I love every game Valve has ever made..

This seems like another EA hate thread. :rolleyes:
And/or a chance to hate on EA. This is getting sickening. EA sucks, end of story. Can't they fade into history, or must we ALL make threads on how much we hate them or the games they make..

I can't take it anymore. :eek:

L1ght said:
I love every game Valve has ever made..

This seems like another EA hate thread. :rolleyes:
And/or a chance to hate on EA. This is getting sickening. EA sucks, end of story. Can't they fade into history, or must we ALL make threads on how much we hate them or the games they make..

I can't take it anymore. :eek:

QFFT!!

Best and worst?

Valve on both counts.

Best for the great games they make.

Worst because they are responsible for Steam, and the unbelievable amount of crap that it has inflicted upon players. Also, banning accounts without implementing an appeal process is absolutely abominable. It reminds me of the early days of global spam blacklists, when you could get on one of the lists just by a single person reporting your mail server as sending spam. There was no follow up, and there was no way to get off. Horrendous.

EA?...meh...don't really care either way. I enjoy the NFS and MoH series, but the Battlefield series is pretty disappointing. BF 1942 + DC 0.7 is still excellent, though.

gta95 said:
1. Rockstar (GTA Seris, Bully, Table Tennis)
2. Bungie (Halo, Halo2, Oni)
3. Blizzard (Warcrafts', Starcrafts')

Hate: Valve (Early in the STEAM stage. Now they are O.K.)
EA
bungie for friggin Myth and Myth 2!!!

Like: Ubisoft, Valve.
Hate: EA, Sony Online Entertainment and Lucas Arts (Can suck my ******* nuts after SwG got raped)

Most favorite currently:

1. TallTell games (Made up of many ex-lucas arts developers, making sam and max 2)
2. piranha-bytes (for making Gothic)
3. Funcom
4. Stardock Systems (I haven't played their game, but I simply like them and have respect for them because they released Galactic Civ II without copy protection and shown how a game can sell just fine without harming the end-user with copy protection schemes.)
5. Bioware
6. Cd Projket (developers making The Witcher)

Least favorite:

EA - Mainly because not of their games (I do think they have innoviated somewhat when it comes to boxing games and such, I love the Fight night games) but because of their policy of buying out GOOD developers and then stripping down the company, firing the developers and keeping the name and hiring people to make crappy sequels/expansions galore.

Best
Epic for Unreal Tournament and their outstanding value for money. Free bonus packs, good community support and they'll release updates & patches for years after the game is released.
Ubisoft get an honorable mention for some pretty good games that hardly ever need to be patched. Prince of Persia series and Splinter Cells just work straight from the disc. Negative points for using starforce, but bonus points for having dropped it (I think)
Valve is pretty good. Excellent community support, and buying up teams that make the best mods is cool. Team Fortress taking forever, and the mess that steam was for the first year and a bit take off the edge. At least most of steam's problems had been worked out by the time HL2 was released.
id/raven get a nod for community support and fantastic freebies like Wolf:ET and ET:QW

Obviously EA are on the bad list. Almost every EA game gets a patch before it hits retail. They're also happy to sell you a new game instead of fixing the old one, and don't give any free bonus packs. It didn't use to be like that though... The earlier NFS series was great (especially NFS:pU) and Madden/FIFA/NBA Live used to be good. I think it started going bad around when BF1942 came out, and has been pretty crappy ever since. They also get double negative points for terrible rubberband AI in the latest NFS games.

I favor companies that have high production values. I'm talking about the companies that go the extra mile to create a really polished game. This means going beyond just making sure it works and has the basic, necessary items completed.

Companies that have done this successfully and repeatedly are:

Epic
Valve
Relic
Blizzard

My LEAST favorite companies are the ones that do just the opposite. Not only do they not understand the meaning of "polish", they can't even release a game without fucking up the most basic of features (menus, for instance).

EA, hands down, no bloody fucking contest.

Best:
Blizzard - Quality and fun products with hordes of replay value.
Firaxis - good games, not all that compelling replay wise, but enjoyable and fun
id - I just like them, I like Doom 3 too although most barked about it

Middle:
Ubisoft - they went in the shitter for Starforce protection but get a bump up for seeing the error of their ways. Now they just need to stop treating the PC as an afterthought and dumb down the console ports, not the other way around.

Worst:
SOE -Star Wars Galaxies Bastardizations
Lucas Arts in the shitter since they're no longer a development comapany but a License agent and as guilty as EA for pushing unfinshed product.
EA for destroying an industry by gobbling all the good studios up and putting them in a cheese grater

I'll add more later when i get some more goof off time and can think about it a little more.

1. Capcom (Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Onimusha series, Marvel vs. Capcom)
2. Blizzard (Starcraft, Warcraft, etc..)
3. Sony Computer Entertainment (God of War..nuff said)

Honorable mentions : Valve, Raven, ID, Activision, THQ

Bullfrog, id, Blizzard, Capcom and Firaxis. Just a few that have made gaming one of the best hobbies ever....

Favourite Company:

IOI Interactive
Because of the superb Hitman games mainly which are highly original and intelligent thinking man's games which can also be a blast if you wanna switch off the grey matter. They also got me into Jesper Kyd's music which is fantastic. Their first two Commandos games are worthy of note as well which were great strategy games.

Least Favourite:

Konami
For being, throughout gaming history, the worst offender of making shitty movie tie-in games that had little or no substance and piss poor gameplay. I pity the fools that bought those games. I ran into Konami back with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES and that was enough. Since then they've plagued consoles with their utter gash-tacky and shallow games. People think Dice/EA are bad!? Fuck off; you know nothing!

Helping an old lady cross the road doesn't excuse you from rape. :p

In terms of customer loyalty...

Best: id Software
Worst: Bethesda Game Studios/Bethesda Softworks

Epic would be a close second to id Software, and the long-dissolved Black Isle Studios would be up there as well. EA would obviously fall on the opposite side of the fence.

EA is my favorite game company.

They make pretty good games. Take BF2 for instance. I used to play Halo on the PC multiplayer - when I got BF2 I was blown away! No, really, I was! I kept getting bombs dropped right on my head from plane hogs. At any rate, I played that game more than any other game ever. Sure, it wasn't the best: Killing my own teammate 3 times because he had a red tag on it.

spine said:
Konami
For being, throughout gaming history, the worst offender of making shitty movie tie-in games that had little or no substance and piss poor gameplay. I pity the fools that bought those games. I ran into Konami back with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES and that was enough. Since then they've plagued consoles with their utter gash-tacky and shallow games. People think Dice/EA are bad!? Fuck off; you know nothing!

You have GOT to be kidding me. You hate KONAMI? WTF is wrong with you, kid?
One word.
GRADIUS.

The ones I like, based on the games I like

Bethesda Softworks for the Elder Scrolls series
id Software for every game they did, especially RTCW and Doom 3
3D realms for Duke Nukem, Prey and Terminal Velocity
Monolith for FEAR and Condemned
EA for Need for Speed Most Wanted
Blizzard for Warcraft 3 mostly
Valve for the Half Life series

The ones I dislike, based on games I don't like:

Blizzard for WoW
EA for Battlefield games, though I did enjoy 1942.

good: valve for halflife sreies, id for doom series, epic for unreal sreies, bethesda for morrowind and oblivion, blizzard for everything they make except WoW

bad: rockstar cuz gta isn't that great, and they killed any credibility the gaming industry had with hot coffee, ea for pushing unfinished and/or buggy games (madden 2007 anyone?), and for completely fucking up bf2 with the 1.3 patch

Best: Sega if you can count all their stuff...I suppose they're just the publisher, but their in house stuff is usually good.

Worst LJN: does anyone remember this awful company? They used to put out such horrible NES games based on properties. They were really terrible. Another one that pissed me off in the 16-bit and 32-bit era was Acclaim, they put out some junk, I think they're gone, though I haven't played console games in a while.

Favorite: Ensemble Studios. For obvious reasons.
Least Favorite: Ensemble Studios. The producer turned out to be a total dick and made some key mistakes.

Back