• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Your max stable SB overclock @ stock voltages

metallicaband

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 3, 2007
Messages
489
Hello all,

I've sold my old PC and thinking about using a 2500K CPU this time around (budget is pretty tight so don't think I can afford an IB, will probably get a used SB).

Anyway, since I haven't really looked much into overclocked sandy bridge stats, I'd like to know what's the average max overclock people are getting while leaving the voltages at stock levels. With my 1st Gen i7 I was obsessed with getting that magical 4Ghz number so I raised the voltage by a bit to reach that goal, but this time around I'll probably just go as much as stock voltage allows since I don't think I'll be hitting 5Ghz anyway.

Please post your stable overclock speed and stock voltage value.
 
I had a 2500k and I have a 2600k that both got 4.5ghz with no tweaking of settings (LLC or anything else). Pure Auto all the way.
 
5.1Ghz on my 2600k is the max, that's at 4.54v and temps will hover in the mid to upper 80s, (much more then I want to run 24/7). My normal is 4.8Ghz@1.360v, temps max out at 73c under full load.

The chip will boot at 5.3Ghz, but defiantly not stable.
 
Not sure what the stock voltage is really, but I run my 2500K at 4.5ghz with -.040 in the voltage compensation. Under load its at 1.24v. I play around with getting higher stable, but i begin to think, its 500mhz and .15v+ and all that extra heat worth it? lol
 
Back
Top