• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Your i5 650 Overclocks?

d50man

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 22, 2002
Messages
2,806
Can anyone here tell me if you have experience with i5 6XX overclocks.

I'm thinking about getting one to run at 5ghz 24/7 on water.
 
I'm thinking about getting one to run at 5ghz 24/7 on water.

Good luck with that. :rolleyes: No overclock is ever guaranteed, so even if someone (in an isolated case) did manage to get a 5GHz overclock on liquid nitrogen, does not mean you will be able to reach that overclock.
 
Good luck with that. No overclock is ever guaranteed, so even if someone (in an isolated case) did manage to get a 5GHz overclock on liquid nitrogen, does not mean you will be able to reach that overclock.

No need for the smilies makes you look like a douche. Over at XS some are doing 4.4-4.6ghz on air so I would not be surprised if it was possible. On L2N these chips are doing more than 6Ghz. :rolleyes:

See smilie made it look like a douche reply :p
 
No need for the smilies makes you look like a douche. Over at XS some are doing 4.4-4.6ghz on air so I would not be surprised if it was possible. On L2N these chips are doing more than 6Ghz. :rolleyes:

See smilie made it look like a douche reply :p

As I said (if you read my comment), no overclock is ever guaranteed. Even if someone is getting 4.6GHz, there's no guarantee that you will get anywhere near that. Furthermore, 4.6GHz is not 5+GHz. With each incremental increase, the heat and voltages increase exponentially, making such a sustainable overclock even harder to reach. Who is looking like a douche now? ;)
 
I'm going to go [H]ard on one to see how far i can take it. I'm on xtreme and ocf. had a 920 running 4.2ghz 24/7 sold it a while back now i want a cheap gaming box.

i5 650
p7p55d-e pro
gskill eco 1600 cl7
geforce 285 gtx
SSD an 80 or 128 GB with the fastest write speed next month
23.5 1080p 120hz 3d vision
 
As I said (if you read my comment), no overclock is ever guaranteed. Even if someone is getting 4.6GHz, there's no guarantee that you will get anywhere near that. Furthermore, 4.6GHz is not 5+GHz. With each incremental increase, the heat and voltages increase exponentially, making such a sustainable overclock even harder to reach. Who is looking like a douche now? ;)

Yes no overclock is ever guaranteed. I did not say that he will get the overclock just telling you that many of the chips he is asking feedback from have and are doing close to the overclock he wishes to have.

Another thing is I thought you would put 2 and 2 together and figure out my reply as well since I said (if you read my comment) that many were doing 4.4-4.6 on air which he wants to do on water. We all know that Wcing has the ability to cool better and give higher results making his dream a bit more real. Yes I know how overclocking works I am sure I have been doing it longer than you but all the op wanted was some feedback or experiences. If everyone would follow what you said we wouldn't have people going after certain batches and settling for any batches.

No one is looking like a douche.

Anyways I have only worked on i3 530 on a friends build and it did rather well clocking at 4.5ghz (215*21) @ 1.345V on a Freezer 7 pro.
 
Last edited:
I don't think it's a pipedream at all. If you can get 5ghz out of one of those 650's with the 25x on reasonable voltage I would be tempted to buy one too.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top