Your H50? Suck in or blow out?

daglesj

Supreme [H]ardness
Just curious to know how folks are running their H50s.

Does your suck air in or blow air out?

You can just reply either -

Suck in

or

Blow out

I am struggling very hard not to make a very junior high joke right now.

Mine blows...

It has two fans set up to push/pull and is fed with fresh air from an intake on the side panel.

Depends on the case, but in just about any case with a top-mounted "chimney" fan, you're better off with the H50 as an intake. In the 90 degree rotated cases from Silverstone, that doesn't really work so exhaust is the better method. Also, if you have a case with the PSU on top and no side panel fan that can act as an exhaust, the H50 as an exhaust is the best course of action.

But most enthusiast cases now have the PSU on bottom and at least one top or side mounted fan that can act as an exhaust.

single blow with spacer right now. might wanna go back to double blow. gigity

theoffice-thatswhatshesaid-michael.jpg

blow, push pull

As somebody mentioned earlier, wouldn't it be better to have the fan pulling cool air into the case if you have an exhaust fan on the top?

I don't have an H50, but am considering picking one up. My Antec 1200 has a massive fan on the roof that would sit directly over my Rad fan.

I've got mine sucking air in from my window which is right behind the case and a 140mm exhaust fan to take it back out on the top of my case.

Where I have my case positioned, it's backed up relatively close to a wall, so the air in back of the case is quite toasty (possibly warmer than on the interior). Pulling in that air wouldn't do anybody any good, so I would probably setup an exhaust.

Though its probably worth trying it both ways if its not too much of a hassle.

Blow. 2 Ultra Kazes in push/pull. Sound isn't even that bad under 1500rpms and 38mm fans produce so much better static pressure I have them maxed out at about 2200rpm. Over that they really do get rather loud.

Where I have my case positioned, it's backed up relatively close to a wall, so the air in back of the case is quite toasty (possibly warmer than on the interior). Pulling in that air wouldn't do anybody any good, so I would probably setup an exhaust.

Though its probably worth trying it both ways if its not too much of a hassle.

Mine is backed up about 2" from the back of the desk so I was concerned of the warm air pumped out of the PSU being sucked back into the H50 just under it and then going round and round.

So I made an air dam about 7" long and about 2.5" deep and stuck that along the bottom of the PSU. When the case is pushed back the dam presses up against the back of the desk at an angle making a ramp for the warm PSU air.

When I reach round the back, under the dam is nice and cool and the warmth all goes up.

Yes I know heat rises but in that tight space it was warm all the way down. Now the two air types are separated.

Does the H50 really work well enough to make a air-boy, go from air to water.
I would like a H50 or H70 but i would like the temps to drop on cpu from 90's down to 70-80s. Would this cooler do the trick?
Oh and btw i would make it blow.

Are you using a stock cooler?

The H50 is not real water cooling, but it does work pretty well. I want to see more reviews on the H70 before I make a decision. 6 or 7C will not make me pay that much more for the H70 over the H50.

I do like the H50, and I plan to purchase more on my next builds.

The H50 is not real water cooling, but it does work pretty well.

Most people refer to these closed loop systems as "high end air cooling" vs "water cooling".

Mine is in a push/pull config intake on the back of my 800D.

Though, I just got some extra money and am looking at buying a real water cooling system.

Are you using a stock cooler?

The H50 is not real water cooling, but it does work pretty well. I want to see more reviews on the H70 before I make a decision. 6 or 7C will not make me pay that much more for the H70 over the H50.

I do like the H50, and I plan to purchase more on my next builds.

Stock cooler and the temps i listed were ¤f not ¤c. But i do not know about a good air cooler, i was leaning towards the hyper 212+

Push/Pull Blowing.

Played with it sucking, rearranging fans in the case, but i didn't like MB temps so i switched to blowing. Dropped MB tems 5° and only saw a 1-2° CPU temp increase.

Back