Your first video card

ATI Xpert 98 8mb........ then.... ATI Radeon 7200 64mb....... now..... ATI Radeon 9500 Pro 128mb

Keeping this card for a while.
 
First vid card was a 4MB Virge S3 video decelerator.

Then I got a Creative Labs 12MB Voodoo 2

Then I got a Voodoo3 3000 16MB

Then I had a 24MB Quantum X24.

Then I had a 32MB Creative Labs Geforce DDR

Then a 64 MB Herculese GF2

Then a 64 MB Visiontek GF3

Then I got a PNY TI4600

and a Gainward GF3

and an Abit GF3

Then a Gainward TI4600 Golden Sample

and a MSI 64MB TI4200 VIVO card

and a 64MB Abit TI4200 with OTES

Then I got a Tyan Tachyon 9700 Pro,

then a Hercules 9800 Pro,

an ATI 9600 Pro,

then two 9600 Pros that came in the 9600 SE boxes,

and last but not least an Ati 9800 from that CC deal a month ago.
 
My first REAL video card (not including on-board) was a PCI Voodoo Banshee freaking thing crashed and locked all the time )-: ... then a Voodoo 3 2000...LOVED it for years!
 
4 color CGA ISA video card - early 80s:

Here's a screen shot of what CGA looks like (for the kids in here):

ultima2.gif


Pretty impressive huh?

That's Ultima II BTW (with the evil Minax)

There was no FSAA back then :)
 
Originally posted by LordBritish
4 color CGA ISA video card - early 80s:

Here's a screen shot of what CGA looks like (for the kids in here):

ultima2.gif


Pretty impressive huh?

That's Ultima II BTW (with the evil Minax)

There was no FSAA back then :)

I see more pixels in today's games than the ones back then.:D
 
Cool pic.

I remember playing Pac man, space invaders, stellar 7, tank wars, kong, etc. on my dad's old 386 when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure it was more than 4 colors though.

My first card (when I knew what a graphics card was) was an S3 Trio 8mb that came with my PIII system in 2000. The card was REALLY bad. most games would crash real quickly. EDIT: I think it was a Diamond SpeedStar with the S3 Trio chip.

My first real, performance card that I bought about a year later was a Creative Geforce 2 MX 32MB DDR. It was amazing at the time.
 
CGA was in the time of 8086 - before 286.

EGA came later - that's the one with 16 colors.

:)

Ok, I win for the oldest video card - where do I collect the prize ?????


Oh, and my first *performance* card (if you can call it that) was the original 3DFX card (Voodoo1) - hehe.

Man, I'm old :p
 
Canopus total 3d with a rendition chip.... I had a Matrox before that but the total 3d was the first gamers card...
 
First is a 3DFX Apollo, I think it was 3D only though. First card I could really play games with was an ATi Rage 128.
 
Diamond Monster Fusion 16mb (Basically A Voodoo Banshee)

It was also the first AGP card I owned, and cost something like $220 new in late 98 I believe. I still have it too.. lol!

20156522_l.gif


fusion.jpg
 
My first card was a Ati rage pro turbo 8mb.
Then my next card was a Tnt2 m64 ultra wildcat.


I used them both for gaming. Pretty well too
 
Jaton video card with a Tseng Labs chip. Fastest 2d I ever saw....Crisp too....I dont even remember the model number, but that was my first one...
 
My first card for gaming was a Rendition Verite 1000. Ita played VQuake quite well. If people know VQuake predated GLquake for 3d accelerated Quake. Pretty good for the time, at least 6 years ago. Now I have a GF3 non Ti.
 
Matrox G200 8mb. I was happy because I could play half life :) . Stepped up to a Voodoo 5 soon after.
 
My first card for gaming was a TNT 2 M64 32mb. Was an ok card back in the day. Still in use in my Tualatin in a Bx Celery boxen, 1.1 @ 1535, 512mb ram and the TnT 2 M64. Still just ok with UT 2003 and so on. At lowest settings, lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
 
MSI geforce2 Pro, such a great card, I remember the guy at the store saying "wow you want that one" haha
 
My first vid cards were multi-function game controller video and
heck knows what else. 16 colors maybe

My first pure video card was a Sigma Color 400. It might have
been able to reach 256 colors, but it was a long time ago and I
can't remember the details without dragging out the user guide,
which may still be around here somewhere. All this was before
the day, waaay before :)
 
Back
Top