Your favourite mouse pad/surface?

Tych-0

Gawd
Just trying to start some conversation and get some ideas towards upgrading.

Currently using the Func 1030 and using the rough side. I like it, but I'm finding it a little small, I've had it for a long time, and wouldn't mind trying out something new.

I like my ratpadz mouse "pad"

If I wanted a bigger one I would buy a large HDPE cutting board and glue feet to the bottom (after cutting it to the shape I wanted)

I used to have the Func 1030 surface pad. I ended up getting a Corsair MM600 mat to replace it and it's been a good replacement so far. It's pretty large and there's 2 different surfaces you can use.

Xtrac Ripper XXL desk mat.

I never run out of space.

I have 4 ratpadz spread around the house, and not being used because I've noticed that as I get older, they are too thick and make my wrists sore because I have a bad habit of wresting my arm on the desk which results in an inclined angle for my wrist. So I've switched to thinner cloth pads.

Razer Goliathus XL.... Nice for passing out at the keyboard ;)

I've also got a steelseries starcraft II pad for the spare desktop, and a Logitech G-series surface (Not sure which one... It was a promotional Not-For-Sale item I got from them) that are really nice too.

Want to track down a frosted glass or aluminum surface to try out, but no one will let me take a look at one ;_;

Cloth: X-Trac Ripper

Hard: Icemat (over 6 years old and still looks/performs as brand new)

Last edited:
Well, I've decided to go with the Logitech G240. I figured I've been using the hard textured Func1030 for a long time that a switch to a soft pad type would be interesting. I'll report back with how I like it once it arrives.

my funcpad 1030 is also starting to show its age. I've loved it since day one. I also like the rough side, but it's got a few chips in it so i've been using the smooth.

What's the best replacement for the 1030 rough side?

been checking out the suggestions posted....WOW mouse pads are massive now! WAAAAAY toooo big (thats what she said). the func 1030's size is all i need. i think i'ma go with the new func 1030, the 1030v2 L: http://www.func.net/en/products/surface-1030-2/ from newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826996126

The L is slightly larger than the OG 1030. The XL is bigger than that. i use a g9x in claw grip and never move my wrist when gaming. i could probably make do with a post card-sized pad as long as it was good.

MM200 from Corsair.
Easy to get used to; large surface, and also easy to clean !

I've used the same mouse pad for years...a tropical island that I will never see is on it lol

Func 1030xl

Lowest friction I've EVER felt. Doesn't need aggressive cleaning either.

From what I've owned, from most slippy to least slippy: Func > C4ngen04 > Steelseries SX > Corel draw 1993 > Steelseries QCK

Actually, I'm liking this Thermaltake Dasher. It works well and matches my colors perfectly (doesn't hurt haha).

Best mousing surface for me is a smooth 12x12 ceramic floor tile. I stuck some little rubber feet on the bottom of it to keep it from sliding. Cost me 99 cents, has plenty of mousing area, and lasts for years.

MM200 from Corsair.
Easy to get used to; large surface, and also easy to clean !

How do you clean yours? I find my MM200 Extended to be a dust magnet, having to regularly use a lint roller to clean it. Other than that it's a pretty good surface with a nice controlled glide.

My favorite surface of all time still is the Zowie GT-F though. Very high quality fabrication and a hybrid cloth/hard surface with very good controlled friction.

Razer Goliathus.. the XXXL one.

Last edited:
Currently using the Func 1030 and using the rough side. I like it, but I'm finding it a little small, I've had it for a long time, and wouldn't mind trying out something new.
I've been using Func products for years and love them. Like you, I'm currently using the Func1030 pad, and while the mousepad is a bit on the small side, my desk really doesn't allow for anything bigger so it suits my needs.

I picked up a Razer Destructor 2 hard surface pad and I find that I really like it over cloth pads now.

I still use my 7 year old Icemat. It's great, but requires occasional maintenance (a quick scrub with a soapy abrasive pad) which is fine given that it should last forever at this rate.

For gaming I use my desk which has a high gloss alkyd paint on it. Ultra slick, and big.

Currently using a Razor mouse mat (the smooth one) which is nice but IMO, The Qck is better.

Back