Your Favorite places to Shop

Killermac

[H]ard|Gawd
I know we all shop at different places for a lot of PC items but what are your favorite places to shop.

I like:

Zipzoomfly
Newegg
sidewindercomputers

What about you?

KM

newegg, though I haven't ordered anything in months. Hey I also have to say Circuit City, now that I work there (its not that bad). The funny thing is, though I have worked there for 2 weeks, I have never bought anything from Circuit City... ever. :p

Computer stuff:
newegg.com
excaliberpc.com
crazypc.com
frozencpu.com (Although I have had order errors...)

Other stuff:
bluefly.com: Clothing (They carry Prada!!)
rag-nation.com (used clothing, sometimes used by movie stars, always at great prices)
zucable.com (Audio interconnects, you can find some awesome buys at their ebay store)

Killermac said:
I know we all shop at different places for a lot of PC items but what are your favorite places to shop.

I like:

Zipzoomfly
Newegg
sidewindercomputers

What about you?

KM

Add CrazyPC to that list and you have my vendors... ;)

I primarily shop at Newegg, ZZF, Directron, SVC, and a few other stores.

BTW, how exactly does this constitute as being a Hot Deal thread? lol

ive only shopped at newegg, svc, and zipzoomfly, and i've been very satisfied, so i'll say those.

haha, id love to be able to shop at newegg but they dont ship to Canada! so i ushaly buy my items from the fs/trade forums here on |H|

Does anyone know how long Newegg will allow RMA's for repair? I know you only have 30 days for a refund but i've been able to select RMA for repair on items i bought like a year ago.

Newegg, SVC, Xoxide, Coolerguys, CrazyPC, Jab-tech, and window shopping at FrozenCPU, Sundial Micro and Sharka (although Sharka's website "makeover" now sucks)

Damn people....
I use newegg to save prices; but crap people get out.
The boogy man isn't going to get you for having fun at a compusa or bestbuy.

NEWEGG Rocks! Just placed a order for the inards of the Wifes new PC Sunday after noon, arrived at my door at 11 am this morning! Not 1 box had a mark on it!

Also Computer geeks... Lucky me I live a block away so there deals that they have where shippings kills it. I get em for the deal only! They dont have Super high end stuff, Alot of refurbs but the prices are great,

MeanieMan said:
Damn people....
I use newegg to save prices; but crap people get out.
The boogy man isn't going to get you for having fun at a compusa or bestbuy.

CompUSA and Best Buy both suck. About the only time worth hitting either is when they're having a good sale. Thankfully I have a Microcenter local to me, which has a much better selection and better prices then either BB or CrapUSA... ;)

burningrave101 said:
Does anyone know how long Newegg will allow RMA's for repair? I know you only have 30 days for a refund but i've been able to select RMA for repair on items i bought like a year ago.

you dont usually RMA through newegg. You have to go to the maker of the product for that.

Kaizer said:
you dont usually RMA through newegg. You have to go to the maker of the product for that.

Not on everything. I've returned a case and a PSU through them.

Kaizer said:

Then explain to me how i've RMA'd items like a year old for replacement? I'm sending in an OEM Microsoft Intelli 4.0 that crapped out today and i bought it last year.

Newegg, Zipzoomfly, Directron, and FrozenCPU...

If I need something quick, and don't wanna wait, CompUSA or Fry's.

Problem with Fry's is you HAVE to know what you are looking for. They don't have anyone who knows what they are talking about, and NEVER take anything open box. (tested my a$$)

I have never had a new in the box bad processor (and I build 3-5 a week for 15 years now), and I went through 4 open box P4's with Frys reciently. I think number 1, and 3 were the same chip too..

does anybody besides me buy from allstarshop.com ????
I've purchased from them multiple times, prices are fairly competitive.. never had a problem.

nobody has said good ol woot.com or that new one chiefvalue.com. yesterday chiefvalue had 512mb of ram for 44.95 shipped. check em out!
:D

for electronics:
pricegrabber.com

i dunno of any other price search engines for various electronics as good as pricegrabber.com. if you know of one, lemme know.

computer parts:
pricewatch.com
newegg.com

monitors:
dell.com (especially their 2405fpw).

COMPUTER:

online: newegg, mwave, (use pricewatch sometimes various)

Best Buy, (no Fry's in New Orleans - but I love going to Fry's when I'm in Dallas a few times / year), CompUSA

OTHER:

Brookstone, Walmart, Academy Sports, Target

CLOTHES:

Old Navy, Banana Republic

burningrave101 said:
Then explain to me how i've RMA'd items like a year old for replacement? I'm sending in an OEM Microsoft Intelli 4.0 that crapped out today and i bought it last year.

Youve sent items into newegg 1 year after youve purchased them? Wow... I didnt know they would do that.

Maybe I didnt spell it out.. manufactures warranties are 'typically' done through the manufacturer. Those people getting RMA's on mice I thought was through Microsoft. If its not.. oh well. You know like hard drives? You dont send it back to newegg.. you send it back to maxtor, WD, or whom ever made it...

burningrave101 said:

It should be the length of the warrenty.

I used to be a newegg only guy but recently their prices are not top notch anymore (at least on some of their items) and they also gave me grief about paypal and those stupid echecks that paypal introduced. I since then switched mainly to ZZF and GameVE.

ScYcS said:
I used to be a newegg only guy but recently their prices are not top notch anymore (at least on some of their items) and they also gave me grief about paypal and those stupid echecks that paypal introduced. I since then switched mainly to ZZF and GameVE.

I've been shopping at ZZF a lot more lately, as I've found them beating the Egg's prices on most things. When I bought a CPU, RAM, a PSU and DVDROM drive recently, ZZF was about $65 cheaper then the Egg, for the same stuff. That seems to be the norm lately.

wtburnette said:
I've been shopping at ZZF a lot more lately, as I've found them beating the Egg's prices on most things. When I bought a CPU, RAM, a PSU and DVDROM drive recently, ZZF was about $65 cheaper then the Egg, for the same stuff. That seems to be the norm lately.

I hear that I used to buy a lot of things then Newegg placed a warehouse here in NJ and they have to charge 6% tax on everything now. So a 1500 pc cost me an extra 90.00 that is a hard drive to me. ;)

KM

Kaizer said:
Maybe I didnt spell it out.. manufactures warranties are 'typically' done through the manufacturer. Those people getting RMA's on mice I thought was through Microsoft. If its not.. oh well. You know like hard drives? You dont send it back to newegg.. you send it back to maxtor, WD, or whom ever made it...

Thats true on most things but this mouse is OEM and so it doesn't have a warranty through Microsoft. I have to RMA through Newegg because that is where i bought it from.

wtburnette said:

You should check out ChiefValue as well. They are probably owned by the same company as Newegg because most everything is the same except for prices. ChiefValue is usually always cheaper then Newegg and they offer free shipping on most items.

I personally love Monarch and Zip Zoom Fly the most. Also Outpost is great. Those 3 sites have the best deals and outstanding service. Newegg is my primary place for cheap things, but for expensive parts, i go to Monarch ZZF and Outpost.

burningrave101 said:
You should check out ChiefValue as well. They are probably owned by the same company as Newegg because most everything is the same except for prices. ChiefValue is usually always cheaper then Newegg and they offer free shipping on most items.

I'll check them out, thanks... ;)

Back