Your favorite keyboard + mouse

I'm using an MX518 and Logitech Elite keyboard...but I'm looking for a new keyboard.

Something that's

1. Black
2. USB
3. Has a USB hub
4. Has media controls
5. Works in XP x64

I have a Logitech MX510 mouse and a Microsoft USB Digital Media Pro keyboard

IBM Model M

1370477-003.jpg

and Logitech MX518 yay

EricNS said:
the das keyboard and an MX510 mouse.

I hope your kidding there about the keyboard.

Mx Cordless Duo over here, although I am thinking about adding a MX510 for gaming.

Satiek Eclipse for mouse i use the mx518 but the mouse shape that i prefer is the orignal gaming mosue / paw shaped mice by logitech (3 buttons no wheel) if they remade it in a optical verison id buy it in a heart beat.

I got the MX3100 set and it is the best keyboard/mouse ive ever owned. If you get it, you wont be displeased.

my favorite is a Logitech ELite keyboard and MX1000. I wouldn't get anything else, even if I had $1,000,000

The new ultra flat Logitech Media keyboard and a mx510 sometimes my Razer Diamondback...

I want a mx518 though.

I wore my mx510 out.

I'm typing on that M$ Pro one now and it's pretty good. Lots of media buttons but I really dig that Zoom toggle on the left. As a graphic designer I use it all the time in Illustrator and Photoshop... even in IE/Mozilla so I can read the text better at times. The Mac drivers are also pretty good for it.

I haven't done much thinking on the mouse. Usually I just buy the latest and greatest corded Logitec model when I need one. As for the keyboard, there's really no question- IBM Model M. Fully mechanical (instead of a mushy plastic membrane), and I hear they're dishwasher safe. I haven't used anything else that has the same key feel. They're a bit loud unfortunately. If they weren't I'd take my spare into work. Unfortunately they're not made anymore AFAIK. The closest thing I've seen to one new lately (as in a year or two ago) was $180.

Hmm a lot of you have mx510, why not mx1000? Also are wireless keyboard recommended? It would be a pain in the arse to replace the batteries everytime it runs out.

I dont trust wireless mice, scary to think of it dropping a signal in a competetive game.

Also I heard the mx1000 have a problem when you pick them up and stuff and I pick up my mouse a lot when I play(small mouse pad)

I enjoy using my Logitech equipment, the mx510 and Elite keyboard.

Honestly, If i gamed more, I'd want a fast mouse with fewer buttons and a keyboard with fewer buttons, kinda like the logitech basic models.

I wish the IBM UltraNAV keyboard (or trackpoint series) had media keys...then they would be > *.

MS multimedia keyboard (except for the weird delete key) and my logitech mx300... oh yes ... owned many faces with this in the last couple years :D

I love my Red MX510 And IBM Buckling Spring Keyboard. Mine isn't a Model M, Not sure how to describe it, Its a bit more compact :) Love it, Hope it never dies!

Logitech MX Duo is super sweet, I have yet to experience any lag and the batteries in my keyboard last AT LEAST 6 months they've gone almost 9-10 months before.

Before this I had a logitech elite duo, same as the MX Duo but with a slightly shittier mouse.
though I don't use the wirelessness of the keyboard often, it's nice to be able to just put it next to my monitor when I need some drawing/writing space.

Peace

Logitech Elite keyboard and MX1000 mouse. It's hard to get used to the mouse because it's so much heavier than a wired one. Opened it up looking for a weight and found it, 4 battery cells :p

I use the MX700 and Logitech Cordless Black Elite keyboard I got in the MX Duo pack. I'm still using the same rechargeables in the MX700 since I got it March 2004. I've been using the same batteries in the keyboard for a full year without changing them, both work great.

I use BlueMX510, and Logitech LX700 Keyboard (mouse wont charge on dock so not gonna keep spending money on lith ion batteries, or 30 bucks for that matter on a lith ion charger)

soulsaver_8229

I use a generic media keyboard from the corner PC shop. And my mouse is a Logitech Marble Mouse (trackball.) And despite what some people think, as long as you clean the ball regularly it is very smooth and accurate.

Trackballs for life. :cool:

Microsoft Natural Elite. 6 years old and still truckin'! Every game I've ever played on the PC has been played on this baby. I LOVE this keyboard! :D

mx510 mouse + fUnc 1030 for the mousing aspect of things.

NickN said:
I despite what some people think, as long as you clean the ball regularly it is very smooth and accurate.

Well put LOL. If I game a lot do you guys recommend the mx518 or the mx1000? I like the wireless freedom.

NickN said:
I use a generic media keyboard from the corner PC shop. And my mouse is a Logitech Marble Mouse (trackball.) And despite what some people think, as long as you clean the ball regularly it is very smooth and accurate.

Since optical mice were released the only balls I clean are my own.

Ahahaha, very funny guys. :rolleyes:

I wasn't kidding about cleaning often improving the performance though. After I give my ball a good washing (Oh shut up.) I can compete with people who have good optical mice when it comes to sharpshooting in FPS games.

El cheapo black keyboard every 6 months, and a Razer DiamondBack optical mouse. :D

laptop keyboard and razer diamondback mouse. the mouse cost 10-15 bucks over anything else, but its well worth it for how much i use it.

Invalid said:
Well put LOL. If I game a lot do you guys recommend the mx518 or the mx1000? I like the wireless freedom.

Wired all the way for gaming, i have the mx510 and its farking leet many nice programable buttons, people also say the MX1000 is very heavy feeling and hard to move around id say my MX510 is around 4-6 oz or so, very light in my hand
and the MX518 is the upgraded version of the 510.sooooooooooooooooooooo get the 518 :D

soulsaver_8229

Back