• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Your Cost per Kw/H

$ per Kw/H

  • .05 or less

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • .051 - .08

    Votes: 15 33.3%
  • .081 - .11

    Votes: 8 17.8%
  • .111 - .14

    Votes: 8 17.8%
  • .141 or higher

    Votes: 12 26.7%

  • Total voters
    45

Jon855

[H]ard DCOTM January 2008
2FA
Joined
Aug 25, 2005
Messages
12,133
I'm curious as to what your costs are per Kw/H.

Mine is down to the last decimal place - $0.06137139 per Kw/H
 
At my current apartment in downtown LA, my electricity costs are ZERO. Management pays for electricity. I'll vote and post later after I ask my parents how much electricity is back home. But I'm going to assume since they're in the LA area as well, it'll be between .111 and up depending if it's summer or winter.
 
It's kind of a loaded question, but for residential:

Distribution Energy Charge .03376 per kWh
DEM Side Management Charge .0035 per kWh
Transmission Charge .015 per kWh
Transition Charge .00235 per kWh
Energy Charge .092 per kWh
Renewable Energy Charge .00093 per kWh

in total: 0.14754 per kWh + tax
 
Local rates here in Soldotna, Alaska

First 800 kWh @ $0.13539
Over 800 kWh @ $0.12306
 
.15663 kwh/hr (this includes transmission etc) :( + a flat $16 "distributor customer service fee"
 
7.425 per kilowatt hour if anyone can tell me what that breaks down to +22 dollar acess fee i figured it 7.425 cents
 
Last edited:
We're on a two-tier system; you pay less for the first x KWh (IIRC it works out to about 22KWh/day), and beyond that the rate increases.

In CAD $, the cheaper rate is $0.0627, the increased rate is $0.0878
 
I'm curious as to what your costs are per Kw/H.

Mine is down to the last decimal place - $0.06137139 per Kw/H

Such a bargain at 0.061...is that the total cost?

Here in New Jersey PS&G charges a total of 0.185 per Kw/H

I thought this was bad but jfb9301 is really getting the shaft at 0.23!
 
I pay .061 per kWh, but after you add in all the crap it works out to .112 something per kWh. Since that's the end cost to me that's what I consider my price. That includes all fees so I'm sure it will fluctuate over each bill because they increase at different rates but it's prolly always gonna be above .10 per kWh
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
LOL lets see if I did my math right (i fail math). last month I used 1745 KWH over 34 days at a cost of $126.78

so 0.072 per KWH correct?
 
Summer rate: $.0812/kwH

Winter rate: $.0612/kwH for the first 750 in the month
$.0412/kwH for the rest

There are some flat fees but they don't really count as far as adding consumption. They would be there whether I use 500 or 5000 kwH.
 
I pay $.101 per kwh all fees included. Just outside of San Antonio, TX.
 
Same as keenan...

We're on a two-tier system; you pay less for the first x KWh (IIRC it works out to about 22KWh/day), and beyond that the rate increases.

In CAD $, the cheaper rate is $0.0627, the increased rate is $0.0878
 
Summer rate: $.0812/kwH

Winter rate: $.0612/kwH for the first 750 in the month
$.0412/kwH for the rest

There are some flat fees but they don't really count as far as adding consumption. They would be there whether I use 500 or 5000 kwH.

And where in the country is this?
 
soekev said:
And where in the country is this?

I live in central Missouri. There is a nuke plant about 80 miles from here and a coal plant about 10 miles away. I know there is some hydro plants on the Missouri river.
 
Back
Top