You'll like this one jonny

wee96

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 5, 2005
Messages
2,165
Have a friend who was wondering why his system kept randomly rebooting, etc.

This is his atrix 500w (guh?) power supply I promptly yanked out and magically fixed all his issues with a 300w enermax (he was amazed that "only 300 watts" was enough):

top.jpg


side.jpg


The weak ass caps are bigger than the heatsinks dahaha :p
 
wow...just wow. 500W my ass. Hell, 200W my ass with that pile of crap. I'm pretty sure I have some MATX 150W powersupplies around here with beefier caps and bigger heatsinks than that. Look at how much empty space there is!

Good thing it has that flashy black case and giant see-thru fan! We all know that's what makes PSU's good! :p
 
Wahhh huh???

Where do you guys find this crap?

That's a new one on me.

I'm with Eva. I've crapped beefier mATX power supplies. It hurt... but, yeah...
 
Honestly when I cracked it open I was blown away how tiny everything is, and the wild claims (45a on +5 for instance). Aaron said he paid $30 for it, first thing to come to my mind is powmax :D I'd love to see what this thing can actually handle, im sure its less than 300w before something would pop. At least I got a 120mm fan out of it and my bud can finally use his computer.
 
At least it doesn't float, like an old L&C I have.

I like to buy these cheap psu's for like, a few bucks each, just to gut it for the fan and some of the wires, and depdning on what else is in there. It's sometimes cheaper to gut one of these things than to buy what you need.
 
Damn... to think, something so weak even Deer, and Powmax supplies have more guts.
 
Back
Top