You wouldn't believe what Happened to me!?

NV-man

Limp Gawd
So, last week I ordered a side panel for my Silverstone TJ06 case, I was charged 30 bucks and tracking informed that I would receive my package today. I come home today and discover that I was sent a TJ06 case, yet I still was charged only 30 dollars. Nice christmas surprise if you ask me? Someone obviously made a big mistake, because now I have a brand new 130$ TJ06 sitting in my living room, lol. If I get around to it I'll call up tomorrow and explain what happened. This is insane...

Forget about sending it back, just ship it over here :D.

I'll even pay for all the shipping and a new side panel for you ;).

Lol, the problem is I really have no use for it. Why couldn't they send me a black one... lol :D

lol yer where did you order it see if they make the mistake again a super cool case for the price of its side panel

Law says that if they send you something you did not order they cant make you pay for it and that it is yours! This was done long ago to stop companies sending you something you didn't and then forcing you to pay for it, some companies were doing this on purpose to make money. I know this aint the case here but because of it you benifit.
Merry Christmas!

Yup. You have the right to keep it. It was their mistake. It likes a bug in the ATM machine. You only withdraw 30 but the machine gives you 130. Haha. :p

Diablo2K said:
Law says that if they send you something you did not order they cant make you pay for it and that it is yours! This was done long ago to stop companies sending you something you didn't and then forcing you to pay for it, some companies were doing this on purpose to make money. I know this aint the case here but because of it you benifit.
Merry Christmas!

Yes but they can provide you with a shipping account to send the case back to at no cost to youself, if you don't comply, they can carge your credit card.

I actually ordered it from performance-pcs. Again, I don't want to get into any trouble over this, so tomorrow I'll give 'em a call and explain the situation.

NV-man said:
I actually ordered it from performance-pcs. Again, I don't want to get into any trouble over this, so tomorrow I'll give 'em a call and explain the situation.
Not a lot of honest folks left in this world :cool:

I'm sure they'll tell you to keep it, between the markup on those cases and shipping fees it's cheaper to leave things as they are.

agent420 said:
Not a lot of honest folks left in this world :cool:

I'm sure they'll tell you to keep it, between the markup on those cases and shipping fees it's cheaper to leave things as they are.
Yep. They'll probably appreciate your honesty and whatnot, but between shipping you the case and shipping it back, they've already spent a bunch o money on it.

I'd say sell it! :D

Something like this happened to me about 3 years back. I ordered a speaker set, sub plus 2 speakers, and recieved two complete sets. 2 subs and 4 speakers. Two complete units packed into a single box still sealed from Altec.

NV-man said:

From them! Hell no I wouldn't bother to call them. They will probably start coming off all assholish like they did to me... and with your luck they will probably start accusing you or make you pay for it.

I tried the "nice-customer" approach and was burned by one of thier assholish customer represenatives.

They were probably out of side panels, and they cant take a side panel off a new case then try to sell the case. Their fault for listing something they did not have.

Well on my invoice it clearly states that I bought, and paid for a side panel. Somebody just wasn't paying attention, read "TJ06" and packaged up a case.

NV-man said:
So, last week I ordered a side panel for my Silverstone TJ06 case, I was charged 30 bucks and tracking informed that I would receive my package today. I come home today and discover that I was sent a TJ06 case, yet I still was charged only 30 dollars. Nice christmas surprise if you ask me? Someone obviously made a big mistake, because now I have a brand new 130$ TJ06 sitting in my living room, lol. If I get around to it I'll call up tomorrow and explain what happened. This is insane...

Well isn't that a stroke of fate.. :D

Back