• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

You Wont Believe This

Bbq said:
I know. The entire top, is injection molded Delrin. the barbs are PVC, IIRC, and I have them swapped out for brand new brass ones.

Funny, I can plainly see machining marks on that delrin top, doesn't look terribly "molded" to me.

This would jibe with D-Tek's site saying it's machined.
 
madmat said:
Just like it's iritating to not be able to discus any other brand W/C gear without being slammed with A-C ads. ....... I'm just tired of the A-C fans that call people that don't follow their ideology "idiotic".

funny, i've seen the hi-flow folks do the EXACT same as to what you are pointing out here. MMMmmmm....something about Pot, Kettle, and Black fits here somewheres. ;)


Edit: I agree with what's said about this getting as bad as the VC forum, howerver I thought the mods brought the hammer down on the trolling. Hopefully they'll do the same here, so that either "side" can post in peace w/o their thread being trolled, or at least a civilized debate on the merits and demerits of either side...... :eek:

Edit 2 : Even better, how about ONE thread for hi/low flow debate, and posting others gets locked. would clear up the clutter some......
 
Anything would be better than the current way this forum works. Look how crapped this guys thread got, it was one of the most relevant and interesting threads in a while.
 
I know this has been mentioned before, but would'nt it be great to have 2 sub-forums under WC, one high flow and a low flow. Just a thought.
 
madmat said:
Well it sure as hell wasn't me either! As a matter of fact I've NEVER had any disparaging CRAP in my sig about anything nor anyone, can you say that?? Hell no.

It was a joke... Take a valium please. :)
 
Demon_of_The_Fall said:
Anything would be better than the current way this forum works. Look how crapped this guys thread got, it was one of the most relevant and interesting threads in a while.

Thanks for noticing and understanding the "show." I will return to H2O cooling in the near future, but this time I will design and build my own case. The TJ07 is a great case as is the V2000, however I want something designed for 2 or 3 internal RADs and all the goodies to go along with it. I know I will be banished, but heres the new rig, obviously a re-work in progress.

ff4c4cff.jpg


f9ebade4.jpg
 
Easily as hot looking as a water-cooled rig, just in a different way.

Wow, E-ATX boards are HUGE!.

Whats the temp. difference like between the 2 procs. since one is blasting the other ?
 
sac_tagg said:
NICE SETUP! :eek:

Wires could use some help though.

Yes I know, it is a work in progress. It is a new build and I just pulled all the H2O cooling gear out in the last two days. I have alot of sleeving and cable mgmt to do, but it will get there. Thanks for the comments.
 
you've got some really nice gear in there.......i'm just mystified why you would get 4x2GB that is probably CL3.0, rather than 8x512 running CL2.0, and why you don't seem to have your current memory installed for dual channel opperation.
 
I just installed A CNP9500 on my daughters PC and I have to confess I was really surprised at the job it does of cooling. 28c idle and the highest I ever seen it was 36C and to me thats just wonderful. When Conroe comes out I will use this instead of water cooling and use water cooling on the GPU's /HD/ NB. But as far as the CPU goes IT will have the zalman mounted on it.

Her pc is a 3.2c @3.4 @ 1:1 2-5-2-2 BH5 corsair PAT enabled @ 212. These temps simply blow me away just as good as water.
 
DFI Daishi said:
you've got some really nice gear in there.......i'm just mystified why you would get 4x2GB that is probably CL3.0, rather than 8x512 running CL2.0, and why you don't seem to have your current memory installed for dual channel opperation.

It is installed for dual channel. The reason I didnt opt for 512 was I wanted to be able to take advantage of the full 16Gb in the future :D
 
Ya those side by side memory sticks through I guy off . That would be cool for innov. water cooling(memory). What brand is that M/B? Are those the latest Crucial 1g Ballistix sticks? OK I read your sig. You have one hell of a COMPUTER there. Thats the exact same route I am taking when conroe(woodcrest) appears. Well I was wondering about how much room that PC p&c would take I can see that a V2000 would be a requirement for a cheap build . But like you I have built a custom case. When you get your custom case done and all the water hook ups done I would like to see it . I will be posting PICs in DEC. Now don't laugh my tec PS with temp controller $5000. YA I know! But I will still use the zalmans for shits and giggles.When I get serious and go after PCmark 5 record it will be water cooled. My wifes machine will be a pure gamer PC. She just loves fraging guys. I don't know if thats good but she really likes it. I want a COMPUTER thats what I will have .
 
$BangforThe$ said:
Ya those side by side memory sticks through I guy off . That would be cool for innov. water cooling(memory). What brand is that M/B? Are those the latest Crucial 1g Ballistix sticks?

Looks like the K8WE, since it's SLi and dual opty.
 
theseeker said:
It is installed for dual channel. The reason I didnt opt for 512 was I wanted to be able to take advantage of the full 16Gb in the future :D
that's some messed up colour coding system that tyan is using for their slots.......though for game performance, CL2.0 all the way.......database/spreadsheet/CAD work or no, gaming is when i really count the seconds, not rastering.
 
$BangforThe$ said:
...... My wifes machine will be a pure gamer PC. She just loves fraging guys. I don't know if thats good but she really likes it. ..........

as long as she frags other guys but only fracks you, that is a perfect wife :D










sorry, didn't mean to be obscene, but that had to be said :p







...and a hi/low flow sub forums sound cool, but don't know if that will ever happen. Maybe just a little more nazi modding as per v card forums is probably all that's really needed.
 
hehe, I'll let me wife frag me any day.

...and that dual setup even if it's not WC is still sexy. In alot of ways, I think it looks better.
 
Pkirk618 said:
hehe, I'll let me wife frag me any day.

...and that dual setup even if it's not WC is still sexy. In alot of ways, I think it looks better.

Thanks for the compliment.
 
topcat989 said:
...and a hi/low flow sub forums sound cool, but don't know if that will ever happen. Maybe just a little more nazi modding as per v card forums is probably all that's really needed.

If you had said that on a German forum, you'd probably be banned.
 
zer0signal667 said:
The mods here don't much care for that kind of reference either...

i didn't realize that, and it certainly wasn't meant in a derogatory way, although come to think of it it usually is meant in a negative way towards mods. Sorry about that, I won't use it again. :eek:
 
I can't post my opinion on a public forum? I've done nothing but contribute to hardforum, but I speak my mind once and it just gets deleted? "Stupid post?" That, sir, is nazi moderating, which I had never seen on this forum before now.
 
sonnybobiche said:
I can't post my opinion on a public forum? I've done nothing but contribute to hardforum, but I speak my mind once and it just gets deleted? "Stupid post?" That, sir, is nazi moderating, which I had never seen on this forum before now.
the overclocking and cooling forum is one of the most laid back of all the [H] forurms. zer0signal667 lets a lot of stuff slide that he really doesn't have to put up with. if he feels like deleting a post that is neither relevant nor entertaining, guess what: he is a mod, and you should have known that you were walking the line when you posted what you did.

now, if you have never seen aggressive modding on [H], then i guess that you didn't see what happened when kyle mandated that the video card forum get cleaned up.
 
sonnybobiche said:
I can't post my opinion on a public forum? I've done nothing but contribute to hardforum, but I speak my mind once and it just gets deleted? "Stupid post?" That, sir, is nazi moderating, which I had never seen on this forum before now.

Posting irrelevent material is against the rules, if you want to gripe about what you think is nazism or undue censorship, send me a PM.
 
IIRC there is something called Goodwin's Rule. All threads degenerate down to a point where someone makes a reference to Hitler or some other Nazi remark which essentially tosses the thread in the trash. You mention Hitler or the Nazi's and you lose the argument when someone calls Goodwin on you. :p

Sorry...it was Godwin's Law.
 
Back
Top