• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

You = Me + Advice = Satisfaction

slowbiz

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
2,457
I don't really know much about LCD's except that I'll be buying one shortly. It's going to be on a high(er) end gaming rig. I want to do 19 inch widescreen. Would 12ms cut it, or should I go for 8ms? Also, am I really going to see a huge improvement with DVI vs VGA? I've got my eye on this acer AL1916W. It's actually 8ms, but it's VGA. Also, what is a good contrast ratio? Unnoob my ways please and thank you.
 
If it's going to be a higher end rig could you consider a 20 incher? The 1680 x 1050 is better than 1440 x 900 on a 19 incher. For most people, 8 ms is fine. I have a Sony 19" with 12 ms and while there is some motion blur, you really have to be looking for it. It won't affect how you game. Dvi usually makes a huge difference over vga. The pixels in dvi are 1:1 so text is much clearer and quality is better too. Don't get vga with an lcd, you'll regret it. A good contrast ratio is probably 600:1 or up. 800:1 or higher would be a very good spot to be at. Take a look at the Acer 20" widescreen, the Dell 20", and whatever else is out there. Good luck. :cool:
 
I bit the Viewsonic bug going around and got a VX2025wm.

Tax return time!
 
Back
Top