You know you've got it bad when...

starhawk said:
aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgg!!!

hey, pageian:
hey_you_eff_off.gif

Cool, he thinks I'm Number 1 :D

...when the thought if getting plane tickets home just to fix a folding rig crosses your mind

...even though thanksgiving break is in 2 weeks

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
main problem is that i will be at work when the item closes :(

i was also thinking of getting actual athlon-mps for it if i win (it will be a process to get it up and running i do believe)

ok back on topic plz!

..... when you cant get work done because you are thinking about your boxen. ,,, what do
do to fiix this>? borg your work rig, no matter how slow it is , so you can feel at home. ( and have something dandy to look at )

runt said:
main problem is that i will be at work when the item closes :(

i was also thinking of getting actual athlon-mps for it if i win (it will be a process to get it up and running i do believe)

Sounds like you need one of those ebay buyer bots. Takes care of it for you, unless someone has a faster one.

I am watching it also to see if anyone outbids you runt, two more hours left on the mb till end of auction.

Well, crap someone outbidded runt and the auction ended at being $51.00. Well I tried but it looks like the [H]orde lost that one.

Scorpionjwp said:
Well, crap someone outbidded runt and the auction ended at being $51.00. Well I tried but it looks like the [H]orde lost that one.
:( , how about a moment of silence...

Scorpionjwp said:

that was only a dollar above my max bid :(

some days (make that most days) i hate working during the day. now, does anyone remember the link for the msi refurb store?

...when you dig through windows bookmarks under linux to find the link someone requested

btw, http://216.158.218.35/msi_user/msi_outlet/Discontinued Product List 110104.htm is the refurb store.

also, i think that dually is the one that had issues with melting the power connector when it had a lot of load on it... and maybe it needed a proprietary psu as well? don't remember that well... but here's the link anyway.

rogue_jedi said:
...when you dig through windows bookmarks under linux to find the link someone requested

btw, http://216.158.218.35/msi_user/msi_outlet/Discontinued Product List 110104.htm is the refurb store.

also, i think that dually is the one that had issues with melting the power connector when it had a lot of load on it... and maybe it needed a proprietary psu as well? don't remember that well... but here's the link anyway.

lots of people here have recommended them though. and i've had great luck with msi boards

runt said:
are you gonna sell those cheaply to some fellow folders that need a video card?
I'm gonna try to, TBH I need like half of em. If anybody needs a few shoot me a pm. IMO I think it would be better just to look for simular deals on ebay.

Ibanez3434 said:
I'm gonna try to, TBH I need like half of em. If anybody needs a few shoot me a pm. IMO I think it would be better just to look for simular deals on ebay.

personally, i don't need any (yet). since when i build my dual proc system (hopefully soon) i have a video card to use for it.

Nothing wrong with either of the MSI duallys, like most of their boards they work fine. I did have a KD7 Master crap out after a year of 24/7 folding on modded CPU's. It was a referb from New Egg, MSI rma'd with no questions and it's on the way back. It was in their possession for less then two weeks.

My experience with MSI service had been fantastic compared to Abit (hours of phone calls and it seems they charge even for warrantee service) or Asus (very long delays with repairs, although no charge)

MSI is my board of choice too. Never had a problem with them as a company. Their boards are usually pretty good quality if not the fastest (maybe there's a conection?). They don't seem to mind 24/7 folding for a couple years at a time anyway.

well, the msi outlet store is out of k7d masters :( and i'm not gonna pay the price for a new one on any vendors that pricewatch lists ($180 a piece). does anyone know of a decent yet still fairly cheap dual socket a mobo?

ksomethingorother master2 fan is the only one i know of other than dual xeon boards.

i could swear i saw someone in the fs/t forum selling a dual amd board, as i recall, it came with dual 1600+'s. don't recall what kind of proc, or anything else.

I believe Gigabyte still has some socket "A" boards around, and for the most part they do work. My personal fav was the Asus followed by MSI. I still have an iWill that is rock solid as well.

I'd love to convert to more dually systems but Intel is out of the question and at the moment AMD 64's are still a tad high, although they crush Intel.

well, i am gonna have to put building a new system on hold for a while now :(

When you are waiting for black friday to get in some deals.
looking around on Isellsurplus for more boxen and realize you are short on cash to afford any on the website.

When last night, the lights flicker and saying: Sometime tonight I will reboot boxen.
Laying in bed, asleep and dreaming to reboot the boxen.

When you have built servers for folding, and have a scary thought of if the power went out the garden of boxen will still fold with no power. And somehow knowing they have a will to do so.

Hey guys, a friend of mine just handed me a printout of items for sale on Isellsurplus, some of the items would make you drool over them. Oh btw, the website now offers free shipping over $25.00 in the next 72 hours, there is a few dually machines on the website for around $70.00 to $159.00 they are barebones computers.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

rogue_jedi said:

The S2466 has the +12ATX (square 4-pin) connector, no problem. The one you're thinking of is the S2460, which I can attest has issues with burning the 20-pin connector.
Burned-ATX.JPG

You know you've got it bad when...

...when you risk losing 80GB of data to finish just one more WU.

I think my hdd is failing, but I just have to finish this one WU before I get a new one. 8 months and this drive is going bad, not good.:( Must have gotten a bad one. My other Seagate is going on is 6th year of operation.

...when you walk into someone's dorm room and the first thing you do is see what cpu is in there and borg it. (a64 3500+) :)

Rogue_jedi: My bad, thought he'd meant the S2466 he missed out on Thursday.

runt: If you do win the S2460, I'd track down some of this to use when connecting up the PSU:

Stabilant 22

I'm pretty sure that the PSU connector you see above wouldn't look like that if I'd had some of that stuff handy. Resistance may be futile, but it does generate a lot of heat in confined spaces... :eek:

Back