You know ur a dork when...

you don't smoke but you go and buy a pack of cigarettes, blow smoke throught your intake fans and watch it on the side window to make sure you have ample air flow in the case.

Yea, i did it. had to make sure i had nice air passing thru my raptors :D

Originally posted by JackHole999
you don't smoke but you go and buy a pack of cigarettes, blow smoke throught your intake fans and watch it on the side window to make sure you have ample air flow in the case.

Yea, i did it. had to make sure i had nice air passing thru my raptors :D

:D

I dont think I would be putting ciggarette smoke through my comp while its on.... Im thinking that you should have gotten some kind of fog machine or something, smoke nade maybe :D

But not cig smoke.

Heh, but cigs are cheap!

But yeah, cigarettes cause lung cancer because of the sticky tar. Think of your computer's insides as organs. The tar and all that bad stuff could still stick to all your computer parts. And plus, second-hand smoke!

But shoot, if the cig. smoke did the job, it did the job.

You could burn paper to produce a similar effect. And paper is cheaper than smokes.

Cig smoke is really bad for computers. Every now and then I'm asked to fix a computer and the IDE cables are all deterorated from the smoke, and everything is coated with black stuff. Its not good at all for computers. But its a good method.

I think that repeated chain smoking causes shit to build up. If you do it once, there really isnt a big problem. Good idea though.

light a candle, then blow it out. (or incents)

that produces enough smoke for the test.

Wont burn rugs, cause your blowing it out.

Wont stink, cause its a candle. will prob smell nice.

Cheap, cause you prob already have one.

dd7316.jpg

i work at a dry ice plant
and the dry ice vapour works well for me
but then again i get it free .sooo

ps computers that need fixed from homes that have smokers stink very much bad...

I used this as the excuse to get that fog machine I always wanted. And it only cost about as much as 4 packs of cigs!

here is an idea why not use some incense sticks insted it is SMOKE with a pleasant smell :cool: ...

Cigs are too damn expensive at 5.75 a pack here in NJ.

Killermac

While it is bad, I am sure doing it once will not harm anything.
And hell, think about incence, that has to leave some kind of residue also, what makes it smell?
Candels can leave crap in the smoke (as can cigs) like soot.

Dry ice might be the best idea though, and it is very cheap.
Ihave seen it as low at 5lbs for a $1 before.

Good point.

If you use cigs, candles, incents, for a period of 27 days or more, it might leave residue.

I dont think it will for 10 seconds though.

Why would you want to stink up your room with that revolting stench of cigarettes just to test airflow?

This isn't "dorky", it's flat out retarded.

Originally posted by mpcamer1220

what is that? some sort of p or something?

[Alt] + "0222" to make the Þ character.

Look in your Character Map for more info.

Back to the topic at hand. I like the Dry Ice idea better than the cigarette smoke one. I hate working on smokers' pc's. Gross.

my friends sister just had to return a year old PS2 because she smokes heavily. remember, this is on the GROUND also, and it got ruined by it.

think of that next time you light up.

Originally posted by Killermac
here is an idea why not use some incense sticks insted it is SMOKE with a pleasant smell :cool: ...

Cigs are too damn expensive at 5.75 a pack here in NJ.

Killermac

oh, theyre coming up too. incense produces enough visible smoke

I'm still waiting for someone to post a pic of smoke going through their windowed computer...

yeah...inscents dont' work too well...they don't put out enough smoke to be able to see much. Either that or my fan filter's are just doing their job too well:D

btw, if you've ever had to work inside the computer of a smoker, it's the most disgusting thing ever. Not only do they smell like crap, but the tar build-up is horrid.

Just out of curiosity, how well did the cigarette smoke work for viewing airflow? And for those who have tried fog machine/dry ice, how well have those worked for making airflow visual?

Originally posted by blindviper
yeah nothing like 4$ for a pack of cigs when incents are a buck
I pay something like $2.50 for a pack here in CO. I would think that doing it only once wouldn't do much (if at all) damage.

Originally posted by Volume
I'm still waiting for someone to post a pic of smoke going through their windowed computer...

Same here.

Where I work they used to allow smoking in the building. Everything that used to be grey or beige is now a nasty yellow. Two dept still have the grey rubbermaid(wonderful idea huh) desks from the 70's. They have more cigarette burns than I've ever seen.

Originally posted by Alex A.
One of the most common computer to have cigarette smoke are old MAC's :eek:

That's so true...

On a different note, I left my SuperNintendo at my mom's for some years, and half of its plastic frame was yellowed... Yuck...

Back