You choose: 2408WFP vs FP241VW vs LP2475w

Zorg

n00b
I'm interested in a 24'' to watch movies (divX and DVD), edit photos and surf the web (I'm NOT gaming)

What would you buy (price in CAD)?

HP LP2475w for $750
BenQ FP241VW for $430
Dell 2408WFP for $540

or another one (or wait)?

In any way not the Dell because of it's horrible inputlag. Don't know what the BenQ is. MVA? Then I would get the HP, since it's H-IPS.

I would go with the Dell 2408WFP because of its great price, good black and good viewing angles.
However, most photographs are sRGB-oriented and this monitor uses a wide color gamut CCFL. Consequently, "the effective color gamut in the sRGB mode does not exactly match the standard sRGB color space."
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/monitors/display/dell-2408wfp.html

The LP2475w is a bit overpriced and does not do much better in the color accuracy department in regards of the sRGB color space.
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/hp_lp2475w.htm

Thanks!

I thought the Dell input lag was fixed with the newest release?
And is it such an issue for movies and Internet?

As for the wide gamut, what does that mean?
Brighter, more intense colors than the BenQ (and more than it should be)?

There is also the Sammy 245T but it seems a bit expensive and no better than the Dell

Input lag is not an issue for movies and internet.
In fact, most people do not feel the input lag while gaming. IMO, the input lag issue is overblown.
It is worth to mention that Dell has a very good return policy in case you do not like the monitor.

Thanks RadXge

If you have it (the Dell that is) what do you think of the oversaturated colors that some people mention?

Thanks!

I thought the Dell input lag was fixed with the newest release?
And is it such an issue for movies and Internet?

As for the wide gamut, what does that mean?
Brighter, more intense colors than the BenQ (and more than it should be)?

What mouse do you have? There are some programs around that can simulate the inputlag with certain mouses by delaying any mouse movement. Then you can decide for yourself.

Out of that list, I'd get the HP.
But I got the refurbished Dell 3007WFP-HC, because it is bigger for about the same price as the HP.

A TN would be fine for Gaming and web browsing.
IPS is the only good choice for editing photos.
I don't like using MVA at all.

Are you guys saying that even after decent calibration the HP will be noticeably better than the Dell?

I'd love the HP but it's $200 more than the Dell....

Back