You audio enthusiasts, look here... Audigy 4???

jyi786

Supreme [H]ardness
I am hoping this audio card will have what we consider the "holy grail" of audio. Or something like that.

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4006681

According to the info in the link, it says:

"Digital Out for 5.1 support (6-channel SPDIF output)"

Does this mean we finally get proper output through the SPDIF out? Like proper 6 channel sound in EAX games and such?

damn $299! :eek: better be better then the holy grail!

Silverghost said:
What happened to 3? lol
hahaha no kidding, especially funny since 4 is about the bad luck in parts of asia

must not be an international product or something

I looked all over Creative's Japan site and can't find anything about it.
It's funny cause their new stuff is usually on the Japanese site first.

You know, third time's the charm. I guess Creative wants to stay screwed over for life, in some way or another, by skipping 3. For whatever reason. :rolleyes:

Creative never made sense to me. I doubt they ever will.

Looks like someone jumped the gun on the anouncement since searching for the part number on google shows 12 sites listing the card for sale (of coures all out of stock).

They'd probably tout such a feature more- most likely just means pass through, as they already support.

Well, here's hoping that they include some sort of digital encoding tech, preferably DTS EX, or something highend like that. I hope that this isn't some kinda false alarm, the sound card industry is so stagnated. I can't even remember the last time I was actually interested in a new feature that a sound card incorporated.

I'd kill for DTS-ES. That's like, real almost high definition surround sound... that'd make playing games on an HTPC worthwhile, lol....

Well, maybe if we all hope and pray hard enough, it'll be able to do the new DTS-HD, or whatever it's called, that Blu-ray and HD-DVD support. Unlimited channels, no compression, high sampling and bit depths... sounds great to me =]

BO(V)BZ said:
Well, here's hoping that they include some sort of digital encoding tech, preferably DTS EX, or something highend like that. I hope that this isn't some kinda false alarm, the sound card industry is so stagnated. I can't even remember the last time I was actually interested in a new feature that a sound card incorporated.
yeah i cannot believe how far behind they are. it's rediculous

Yeah, but will driver support be better? Will I have to install 100MB of UI just to use it? Seriously, the hardware could be (and will be) great, but until the software end is fixed, no Creative card will go in my machines.

It'll be interesting to see VIA's new stuff compare to this.

Cheers.

arkamw said:
Will I have to install 100MB of UI just to use it?

Valid point. I'm really opposed to huge bloatware, and Creative's absurd policy of not publishing their drivers online. I had to reformat, and it took me a half hour to find the disc for my Emu 1212M, as they don't put the damn drivers online either [they are a Creative subsidiary] Also, my brother bought a Zen MP3 player, and the software disc came broken, so he couldn't use it for for 3 weeks, until they sent him a new disc. Great customer service :rolleyes:

On the bloatware topic, we end up with drivers like ATI's CCC, which is 50megs worth of crap, as far as I can tell. I don't need some shitty race car to illustrate the changes that various settings cause, and neither does anyone else.

Now when they make this new sound blaster card PCI-Express compliant and an offer an internal version of the breakout box, I'll consider it.

If they can best the Emu 1212M, I'll be getting one, no matter what sort of hassles I have to put up with for drivers. I'd really like to get an additional soundcard when I rebuild my system, and I would like to get something with a couple new features. If this doesn't do as promised, I'll just get a chaintech card for 25$ for 5.1 audio from DVD's. This isn't a huge worry quite yet, as I still don't have a center channel =]

Hey there...so Creative has announced the Audigy 4!!! WOW...cool beans...I'll have to look into this stuff...here's a LINKY for you...what ever happened to the Audigy 3??? Did Creative not watch the Sesame Street episode where they teach you about the number 3??? BTW...Super Grover R0X0RZ!!!
THANX
C'YA :cool:

EDIT: Damn...got merged...I searched for Audigy4 w/o a space...:rolleyes:...I think my thread title was better...

The audigy 2 ZS, I take it now, is the equivalent of the audigy 3.

Forget Halo 2's ilovebees campaign: companies should use Babelfish to hype their products!

I didn't see a projected USD pricepoint or a release date on the page. Could someone fill me in? It looks like they're really going after M-Audio on this one, trying to trump sound quality by equaling the Revolution 7.1/5.1's 192khz internal sampling... maybe this is worth an upgrade from my current SB Audigy.

_Sin_...hmm...you wouldn't happen to be a chick would you??? I think I've seen you somewhere else before...

no, and i used to flame you because you posted something KTHXBYE!!! in your posts.

_Sin_ said:
no, and i used to flame you because you posted something KTHXBYE!!! in your posts.
Oh...I thought you were the same person I knew in Tilted Forum Project...oh well...
THANX
C'YA :cool:

Can anyone guess who is about to get a warning for thread crapping, name calling, and posting off topic replies?

Heh heh...ok...I must be a little high or something...sry bout that...Loveline w/ Adam Corolla & Dr. Drew is coming on in a few minutes anyways...I think I'll take a bit of a break from the [H] and play Halo and listen to Loveline...sry bout my silliness...ufokillerz...
crazy.gif

Back