YMMV - Epson Workforce WF 7520, HP OfficeJet Pro 8600, $35.50 Staples B&M

illogitech

Limp Gawd
I was at Staples tonight and picked up two Business Printers super cheap ($35.50 each). They're last years model (like that matters). These were new in box, not returns. Your mileage may vary, but it's worth a look if you're in need of a large format printer / Heavy duty office printer / Scanner.

Epson Workforce WF 7520, SKU:444813 http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?sku=C11CB58201
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Premium, SKU:886111615582http://www.amazon.com/HP-Officejet-Premium-Wireless-Printer/dp/B005O55U4C

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just set it up in the office, it's a solid deal. We needed to pickup a few scanners and I refused to buy a bunch of NEAT scanners so it worked out wonderfully.

Just for clarification, the Epson is large format - up to 13x19. The HP 8600 will only go up to 8.5x14.

The 8600 is a pretty solid inkjet for what it is worth, damn good deal for that price.

You got extremely lucky.

I called every Staples in my area, and zilch. These were discontinued last year apparently.

Glad ya snagged one!

Inkjet is a no go for me. Expensive consumables and drys out over time. Too many problems in the past with nozzles getting dirty and clogged up. laser printer all the way.

Inkjet is a no go for me. Expensive consumables and drys out over time. Too many problems in the past with nozzles getting dirty and clogged up. laser printer all the way.

Laser sucks for quality graphics though.

That is a dated concept.

Say that to my 2012 color laser.... Maybe brand new ones do ok, but I in my experience with cheap up to very expensive color laser printers don't match a quality ink jet at printing photos/graphics. They can be decent enough if you don't care though.

The staples nearest me had neither.

Laser sucks for quality graphics though.

So do most inkjets. My main use is for documents, no need for color, so laser works best for me. Have a decent scanner for photos and large format film, so no need for an all in one. But if you don't have either, 35 dollars is a great deal. Just know what you're getting into with the cost of consumables(especially color). Some printers won't even let you print docs(black text) if even one of your color cartridges are empty. Really hated that the most.

Cost of ink for the hp 8600:
Black
4 in 1 pack(black, cyan, magenta, yellow)

Last edited:
On the Plus side the 8600 had two sets of ink in the box. So even if you threw it away after, it's still not a bad deal.

I honestly cared more about the Scanning to begin with. They're bulky, but we have the room so no losses there.

So do most inkjets. My main use is for documents, no need for color, so laser works best for me. Have a decent scanner for photos and large format film, so no need for an all in one. But if you don't have either, 35 dollars is a great deal. Just know what you're getting into with the cost of consumables(especially color). Some printers won't even let you print docs(black text) if even one of your color cartridges are empty. Really hated that the most.

Cost of ink for the hp 8600:
Black
4 in 1 pack(black, cyan, magenta, yellow)

Yes but for actual graphics, disc prints, photos, large scale graphics production, laser is completely inferior for this kind of work. I hope there will be a day where toner finally matches up to inkjet but that is far from now.

Back