YMMV: Amazon Warehouse GPU Deals

ButchCassidy

Limp Gawd
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for posting that, I actually picked up a 1060 for under $200 a few weeks ago on the warehouse deals site. But you need to be fast!

Yeah I'd avoid this right now. Seen a few posts from other people about issues with what they're getting from amazon warehouse. It looks like people are ordering lesser cards, and swapping them out for high end cards before the return. They're just peeling the labels with the serial numbers off the cards before the return so they match. Got a MSI 1080ti Gaming X....it's really 1060 of some sort they just swapped before doing a return. I can tell because there's only 1 8 pin power connection, and the 1070 and higher all have 2. Bastards.

Last edited:
Yeah I'd avoid this right now. Seen a few posts from other people about issues with what they're getting from amazon warehouse. It looks like people are ordering lesser cards, and swapping them out for high end cards before the return. They're just peeling the labels with the serial numbers off the cards before the return so they match. Got a MSI 1080ti Gaming X....it's really 1060 of some sort they just swapped before doing a return. I can tell because there's only 1 8 pin power connection, and the 1070 and higher all have 2. Bastards.

Won't Amazon take it back if you have an issue?

I saw a Gigabyte GTX 1070 earlier for $620.

But after my recent run-through with Gigabyte's awful customer service...

I rather cut off my left nut than to buy their products again.

Won't Amazon take it back if you have an issue?
Yeah, I had it back to the ups store 30 mins after opening it. I suspect this happening a fair bit though with the crazy prices. I have another card that already shipped, so I'll see if I end up with the same result.

Last edited:
Back