Yet another temp related question!

Kasher_Khan

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
297
Recently I have seen a lot of questions related to temps so please bare with me on one more speacific to my system.

Opteron 148 CABYE 0540
DFI Ultra-D
GSKILL 2GB 3-4-4-8
Evga 7800 GT CO
Sycthe Ninja
Antec P180 case
Antec NE HE 500

I am running everthing stock after experimenting with OCing for a week or two. THe core voltage is 1.375 and mem is at 2.6.

Using the ITE Smart guardian software that came with my mobo I am monitering my system temps. The thing is my ide CPU temp now is 32-35C where as it used to be 26-29C just a few weeks ago.

I was hoping that the system temps would eventually go down if I went back to stock settings. My room temp is usually is never more than 23C since it is winter.

I am not sure what might be the case here. I know 32-35 isn't hot at all. But again I was at 26 before. And that is even before my AS5 had settled properly? Did I install something wrong and maybe now it is showing its side affects?

Any suggestions would be much appericiated.
 
Here are pictures of my system. The wire management isn't great but I don't think its that bad either.


366a9a57.jpg

DSC00366.jpg
 
You could try reseating your heatsink and applying a new coat of thermal paste if you want. Beyond that, unless your room temp was down towards 15-16*C I don't think the old measurements of 26-29*C sound accurate. With fantastic water cooling, you can get your CPU to within a few degrees of room temperature, but even with the great heatsink like yours I think the numbers you are seeing now are just more accurate.
 
Back
Top