ill be posting pics of this tommorow...teaser desc in the meantime
cisco 2800 router w/switch module for poe/VoIP / csu/dsu module
cisco 1800 router - dsl connection
panduit modular patch panels
frame relay circuit
cisco 7960 (not 100% on the model num atm) VoIP phones
IBM think centre server
cisco aironet ap's
APC Rackmount UPS (heavy son of a bitch!)
four post rolling rack w/ventilation system.

ill try to get as many pictures as possible before I have to take off, 5 hour drive home from this site. havnt slept in about 4 days, my eyelids hurt.

I'm looking at picking up one of those Panduit modular patch panels. How do you like it?

Interested to see the pics, might have to snag the part number from you if you don't mind. :)

Transition said:
I'm looking at picking up one of those Panduit modular patch panels. How do you like it?

Interested to see the pics, might have to snag the part number from you if you don't mind. :)
you want the honest truth....i f*cking hate panduit jacks. which is what slides into these panels...it was a customer requirement.

ill post pics of the jacks themselves tommorow. you have to lace the cable into this little red divider then push them onto the jack....except that you cant exactly trim the cables flush without a razor knife...I usually use electricians scissors and it just makes them a PITA without the special tools for the jacks. If you want a regular patch panel...siemon makes my favorite guaranteed for life...which is nice. If you need modular Id look into ortronics.

those siemon panels are very similar to what i prefer to use..ill post a pic of the one i have in my rack at home as soon as i get the rack organized (doing it for a school report.)

as promised pics of the networky stuff...and a pic of the jacks too (trust me they suck to assemble...but they would never come apart on their own and they force you to keep twist integrity.

network rack.
IMG_3387.jpg

heavy ass son of a bitch apc unit (3 batteries)
IMG_3388.jpg

Cisco SIP 7960 VoIP Phone w/built in ethernet switch (this is a cool feature!)
IMG_3394.jpg

panduit jacks - sorry for the lighting the store was under heavy construction and power was in and out for the lighting. we did that whole network in 2 days, cable drops rack and everything.
IMG_3390.jpg

actually check out my other post (the one with high res in the title) and theres the siemon panels i use.

Back